Ratings for Dr. Dina F. Eftimescu

I have never been so humiliated in my entire life! I just relocated to Texas and was assigned to her from a referral, not given a choice. To start off, the staff warned me that she might not accept me as a patient because she didn't Tricare. After a week they called to say she decided she would see me. I waited a month to get in, it was the worst day of my life. I was there because I have been trying to conceive for 7 months, I only have 1 ovary left, suffer from Endometreosis, PCOS, and hypotyhroid, but her only concern was my weight. Regardless of me being at the same weight when I conceived my first baby, prior to the removal of my ovary and diagnosed with other conditions. She refused to look at anything except that. I am well aware that I am "overweight", I did not come to a diet coach. I came there to make sure my other TRUE reproductive issues were not getting in the way of conceiving. She talked over me the entire time, went on and on about a case she has with Tricare and they are trying to get 5k from her own pocket because come to find out the patient wasn't insured. I'm sorry, what does that have to do with me, and excuse my husband for being in the military and Tricare being our insurance (which btw I have nothing but great experiences with). While I was walking out of her office practically in tears, she told me to do her a favor and STARVE myself!!! She said do whatever you have to do you need to stop eating! What kind of professional says that to ANYONE??!!! I didn't deserve that at all! She said the next time I see you the only excuse you have for being at this weight is if your thyroid results really show that its off. She also told me I probably needed an STD test because I shouldn't trust my husband when I'm at this weight. I WAS HUMILIATED!!!! The only thing she was useful for was writing for the script I begged for so I could have an HSG performed to see if my tube was clear, what do you know, its BLOCKED!!!!! So all that humiliation and belittling and there clearly is a problem besides me being overweight!!! If I could report to the licensing board I would. I have worked as a medical practice manager for 12 years and this kind of behavior is just unheard of. I wasn't surprised to find several reviews close to mine. She needs to loose her license.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Completely ignorant doctor. Told me that endometriosis cannot become cancerous (lie, it can, just like any endometrial tissue can have cancer) told me that "pain cannot kill you" and went on an irrelevant tirade about how much pain she is supposedly in every day from operating and that she does not believe in pain killers. She told me she had no interest in helping me if she did not immediately see anything life-threatening, so I told her I did not want to continue with the exam, because I have PTSD related to a sexual assault and did not want to put myself through the anxiety of an exam. She bullied me into continuing, then refused to stop when I told her she was hurting me. My partner had to yell at her to get her to withdraw. She just told me "It doesn't hurt, it's only pressure." Then she belittled me with a bunch of ignorance colored by her own personal beliefs having nothing to do with science. When she got to the question of "Do you suffer from depression?" to try to explain away my pain (which is caused by an endometrioma in the muscle wall diagnosed by better doctors than her) I told her I was done with the appointment. She stormed out throwing a tantrum, saying she would refuse to be my doctor. I was fine with that, since I had just fired her anyway. When I got dressed to leave, she physically blocked the door and said she wanted to clarify things. I told her I wasn't interested, and asked her to please move so I could get out, as I was having a panic attack. She refused, and I had to push her out of the way to escape. She then trapped my partner in the room instead and had her sign a paper witnessing she was firing me as a patient. Do not ever go to this doctor. She is dangerous and made me feel sexually assaulted all over again. Who blocks someone with anxiety and PTSD in a room?

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Eftimescu has been my doctor for more than 15 years. I love her! She is very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I love my doctor... She is blunt and to the point and she was very helpful to me about taking fertility meds... I was seeing a different Dr before and had two miscarriages under his care and wasn't happy with him so that's when I switched to her... She's a very sweet lady...

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

This has been nothing short of a nightmare! She makes you feel like a complete idiot no matter what question you ask, that's if you hurry and ask the question before she rushes out the door! The nurse was nice but the doctor is horrible! I wouldn't trust her & I can't even put into words how all around awful this experience has been! Stay away!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I was a little nervous about going to see Dr. Eftimescu after reading different reviews, but I'm glad I gave her a chance to see her myself! She is hands down the kind of doctor I've been looking for! She's funny,kind & very knowledgeable! I'm glad to now call her my doctor. :)

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

The staff was very kind an understand, but the doctor was very horrid. I waited almost 2hours to see the doctor(even though I had a scheduled appointment) and another 30minutes in the room while she talked,and laughed outside the door. When she finally came in to see me, She suggested I terminate my baby because it might come out "retarded." The staff seemed to know more then what she did about my baby. The nurse said I was only 5weeks while the doctor said I was 8weeks an not going anywhere in my pregnancy. If you have piercings an colored hair she will talk down to you an say you'll be an unfit parent! I do NOT recommend this doctor an i will NOT be returning!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013