Ratings for Dr. M. Jay Terzis

Quite frankly Dr. Terzis is the best most conscious dentist/doctor I have ever been to. His professionalism and clinical ability are above reproach. My case was a particularly difficult one and Dr Terzis did a beautiful job. I get complimented on my smile everywhere I go and I owe it all to Dr Terzis. Thank you Dr Terzis. You changed my life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Have been seeing Dr. T for a while. He just retired, but the new doctor (Dr. castagna) is GREAT! He is a young guy who knows his stuff, and has an amazing work ethic and relatability to both the kids and parents. Looking forward to taking the rest of my kids to see him. If you are near the Madison or Dunellen areas go to see Dr. Castagna!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

After reading the 1 negative comment that was posted about Dr. Terzis, I felt it necessary to post my own. Dr. Terzis and his staff have always treated my family and me with the utmost respect and dignity. He provides in-depth explanations as to why certain procedures should be done and has always presented himself extremely professionally. From what I understand from doing research and talking to others, braces may sometimes need stay on longer than expected, particularly in cases where the patients themselves are not doing what they should be in regards to their own orthodontic care. After surveying other families within the area, as well as, reading about Dr. Terzis' consistently making NJ's Top Orthodontists list for multiple years in a row, I decided to have him treat my family and have never once regretted my decision. In regards to orthodontic care being expensive, as with everything in life, you get what you pay for. I want my kids to have the best and my opinion thats Dr. Jay

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Despite his receiving several prestigious dentistry awards, I found Dr. Terzis to be the worst doctor I have ever had to deal with. As a person, he is disturbingly **** and smug, addressing women with such condescending nicknames as "baby" and "sweetheart," which is entirely inappropriate and embarrassing. As an orthodontist, he is even worse. He refuses adequate explanations for why braces are needed, proving me with the brief explanation that if I did not pay him absurd amounts of money for braces, the roof of my mouth would rot off, an outcome I seriously doubted. He assured me I would have off in two years to fix a small gap and a barely noticeable overbite. It actually took him three and a half years. I have since learned that he has a reputation for keeping braces on much longer than needed. Going to any other orthodontist will result in a much shorter, more pleasant, and more rewarding experience than anything you will receive with Dr. Terzis.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

All the kids at my middle school went to one of 2 orthodontists. Those that went to other ortho started younger and finished their treatment in less time--braces off by the end of 7th grade at the latest. Dr. Terzis took longer--headgear, palette expanders, longer time with braces, etc. I had a palette expander and other stuff for a year, then braces from 6th-8th grade. By the end of high school, it was clear that Dr. Terzis's results were better. Many of the other orthodontist's kids started getting crooked teeth again. More than a few even had to have braces put on a second time. This is based on 10 years ago, but I think the review probably still holds true. It was hell at the time--I once screamed at him, "I hate you!" LOL (sorry Dr. Terzis!)--but today I'm grateful, and people comment on my smile. I would gladly take my kids to him. BTW, I went to his Madison office, not the Dunellen one.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Adult patient. Jay is extremely skilled. Extremely pleased with the ortho work.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007