Ratings for Dr. Leonard A. Fichter

Put simply, Dr. Fichter saved my life. I had two bowel resection surgeries for diverticulitis within a two week period, and was slowing dying and Dr. Fichter was called in as a consult. On his advice, I transferred to Putnam General Hospital where he worked on a Saturday evening and had emergency surgery at 7:00 AM Sunday morning. My large intestine was necrosed to the point it had to be removed- along with about 18 inches of my small intestine. It was touch and go for the next few weeks, but under the care of Dr. Fichter I made it. He had to do an ileostomy on me at the time of my surgery, but this was later taken down and a J-pouch procedure was performed by Dr. Fichter. I can now say that my health is very good except that I have to go to the bathroom several times a day for BMs. Bottom line, this is a fantastic surgeon and a wonderful, thoughtful, compassionate and caring human being. You are a lucky person if you have him for a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr.Fichter is the best surgeon ever. I could never repay him for all he has done to help me when no one else would. My only regret is I did not go to him first. Will never go to another surgeon. More doctors should be like him. He takes his time and is very caring. His office staff are great.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011