Ratings for Dr. Anthony Petrizzo

I first came to see Dr. Anthony Petrizzo at 13 years old because of a dislocation in my neck. Quickly, I underwent the torturous procedure of neck traction. After about 10 days, my skin developed severe blistering from the procedure and it was stopped. Dr. Anthony Petrizzo came to speak with my mother, since I was a minor at the time, in the hospital the day after the procedure had been stopped. This highly educated doctor then made the decision to speak in front of me (13 years old), about what he thought should be the next step. He told us the best option in fixing my spine was a radical surgery, it would involve cutting me open from the bottom of my head to the top of my neck, in order to fuse the discs in my neck together, PERMANENTLY limiting my range of motion. Imagine, being a 13-year-old child, and hearing that you will be DISABLED for the rest of your life. He then continued the conversation, by letting us know there were VERY HIGH RISKS with the surgery he wanted to perform. He told us the surgery could easily result in paralyzation from the neck down, or the possibility I would be permanent brain damage. I am happy to say my parents DID NOT decide to continue working with Dr. Anthony Petrizzo. A decision I wake up grateful for every single day. Seven years later, I am happy to say I have full range of motion in my neck, absolutely no limitations, and no pain. My parents went for a second opinion and were lucky enough to find Dr. Patrick O’Learly, who DID NOT cut me open. This review is, unfortunately, happening 7 years later because this happened at an age I did not realize I was able to speak up for myself. I’ve decided to speak up now in the hopes that this review will help at least one person to go GET A SECOND OPINION. Cutting is not always the best option :)

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

Dr.A. Petrizzo is an extremely knowledgeable in his field. He operated on me, undertaking a serious reconstructive lumbar fusion. He put together a fantastic team of doctors at NYU Langone in NYC and I am so grateful to him. He is the kindest, most patient, and kind doctor I have ever met. He made himself available to me through appointments and called back within a timely manner. He has carried me through my healing process and I believe he will continue to work with me, whatever my spinal needs are. I have recommended Dr. Petrizzo to 3 family friends and to 4 other people who have heard my story and want the name of the doctor who treated me. You are in the best of hands with Dr. Petrizzo. Also, his entire team of secretaries and assistants are wonderful, too.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr. Petrizzo is the kindest and most intelligent surgeon I have ever met. He does not force his opions on you. He will tell you all your options and give you all the information about those options. Also, his staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Petrizzo.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. Anthony Petrizzo's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1999)