Ratings for Dr. David J. McDonald

Dr. McDonald is a good listener. He calmed my worst fears and prescribed the appropriate and very helpful medication.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Hardheaded know it all ordered spinal tap where I had a leak. He was being paid by hospital as on call. I laud in a hospital bed and the er dr. Couldn't even get a call to move forward with emergency blood patch. Policy and civil violation. It is now 23 days later and he or his assaulting staff have not called me back 23 days later. I had a 0 opening csf pressure indicating another csf leak which would require a referral to a real dr. His assistant, jayme lied to me. And failed to return my calls from a documented cell recording device. I'm moving on s legal action if my phone doesn't ring by Friday. This clown sucks. I'm seeking a real Neuro if anyone knows one. Also a big law firm. Thx 843.251.4850

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. McDonald was the first neurologist I had seen. The wait time was not the worst I had seen, but once I got back to the room and tried to talk to him about what was going on, he would constantly interupt me and it seemed like he was ignoring what I was saying. He was very cold and did not look me in the eye much at all. He was very nonchalant about the options of treatment for my MS. I had a severe reaction to the injection I was put on and he said I could either take it or not take it, like he didn't care either way. Some of these doctors, like Dr. McDonald, seem to forget that they work for the patient, not the other way around. I was VERY disappointed with his bedside manner and with his staffs lack of knowledge and ability to call you back when they sais they would. Lack of communication is a BIG problem with this office. I "fired" Dr. McDonald and am very happy with my new neurologist that takes the time to listen and whose staff is wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Worst "bedside manners" of any doctor I've seen. He talks to you while he's walking away from you. He was not prepared for a follow-up visit (scheduled a month in advance) and he had to read the chart in front of me to jog his memory of what's going on. He called me at work after an MRI to tell me of a "spot" in my brain, but told me he would go over it in person. When I got there (a month later), he barely mentioned it, and said it wasn't a big deal---thanks for making me worry for a month. Absolutly the WORST doctor, won't let you ask questions or speak. Never going back!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

I have never waited more than 15 minutes for my appointment with Dr. McDonald. He constantly reinforces my treatment/knowledge base concerning my condition with information on new studies or new treatments/drugs as well as copies of AMA Journal articles related to cutting edge information on my particular health problem. He never rushes an appointment; he is genuinely concerned with my health.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2007

after many appointments, mri, ct, blood tests and pills etc. he told me i didn't need an operation. later, i found out i had a broken neck. i got it fused and all my pain went away.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

Both times I saw this doctor my wait was almost 1 1/2 hours past my appointment, I arrived 1/2 hour early, so my total wait was over 2 hours. I have seen many doctors in my life, and waited for many of them. But, I have never had a doctor in my whole life that showed the amount of disregard and disrespect to me as this doctor did. I gave him the benefit of doubt after the first appointment, and then received even worse treatment on the second appointment. I will never go back to this doctor or this practice again.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006

Dr. David J. McDonald's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Commercial Insurance Company