Ratings for Dr. Muneer A. Khan

Please avoid at all Costs! I am incredibly thankful I got a second opinion and saw a scond endocrinologist! He is rude, Doesn't answer Your questions and makes you feel unimportant ( he lost my medical records and when he walked in for a second check up he asked "what are you doing here"). He immediately said you need surgery and suggested I go see his surgeon. I had a million questions that weren't answered so before I went to the surgeons appontmemt I went to get a second a opinion to get my questions answered. I Am Beyond thankful that I did! He does not need to be a doctor if he can't answer his patients questions or understand why he is referring someone to surgery.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I honestly can't believe some of the reviews here by previous posters. Dr. Khan & his staff were nothing short of wonderful during my first visit & I drove an hour & a half both ways just to see him. It's been a very long couple years for me battling thyroid issues & I'm grateful to finally have someone like him working for & with me now. He was kind, friendly, knowledgeable & thorough - both with his exam & proper testing, which I had the results from within 3 days via email. My first visit with him was easily 30-45 minutes long, I didn't feel rushed or neglected as a patient at all. He asked questions, commenting & taking notes as we went, had me explain my symptoms & concerns & what I wanted him to do for me, explained a course of treatment for me, answered all of my questions & was not against discussing natural desiccated thyroid unlike all of the other doctors I've seen who push strictly synthetic drugs. I have my second appointment with him in early July & I'm excited to return!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Khan listened well to my symptoms,ran all appropriate tests, then spoke to me personally over the phone to explain the test results. I feel very confident in his abilities to diagnosis and treat patients because of his intellect and focus. --- A. Bell

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

He is totally incompetent with computers. He has no personality. For an 8:45 AM appointment - he was 1 hour 15 min late. He is a great example of the problems with letting idiots into med school! Should have let an American in instead! - Do not use him - he is terrible!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Ist appt-ok. 2nd visit was at the new location for a biopsy. Not only did I wait for over an hour to be called back (he was behind 2 patients. Something about computer template problem), but after the biopsy he said 'see ya in a year'. WHAT! I was told by u that when my blood test came back u would do the biopsy and put me on meds. When I asked about my results he looked lost. I told him YES u said I had an hyperactive thyroid-He said I DID!?! What the hell? As soon as my results come back and I can get my records, I am going elsewhere. NOT PLEASED AT ALL

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I was less than pleased with the office experience because it took them forever to get my referral information and actually allow me to make an appointment. When I went for my appointment, I was told that I was seeing one doctor, but ended up to my complete surprise with Dr. Khan. I waited a very long time to see him. That all aside, I found interacting with Dr. Khan to be very easy and engaging. He answered all my questions, and I never felt rushed or like he was brushing me off. He immediately made a thorough plan of treatment. I had blood tests done and Dr. Khan personally called me the next day (less than 24 hours) and gave me my results before they even posted on my online account. He called my prescriptions in quickly and I feel like he was very thorough in my treatment. I look forward to continuing my care with Dr. Khan.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

The appt. was made for me by my primary care dr. He has no listening skills. He also does not make eye contact. That may be a result of his cultural heritage, but it's offensive here. I had filled out all the paperwork prior to the appt. I had been shown into the waiting room and had a relatively short wait. When he entered the room he gave me the side-long glance older, overweight women often endure. He never looked at me again, not so much as a peek. He asked me questions answered in the paperwork while reading that paperwork. He kept asking about a disease I do not have. How long had I had it? I don't have it. How long had I taken this medication for it? I don't have it. When was I diagnosed with that disease? I was not diagnosed with that disease. I don't have that disease. He does not listen. I will not go back. He should work in a lab.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I have found a new endocrinologist after my experiences in this office. This was partly (say 50%) because I felt like Dr. Khan didn't answer my questions; I often felt like while I asked one question, he answered another one. The other 50% of my reasons for leaving were the unprofessionalism of the office staff. This starts with the half-eaten food on the reception desk and continues with a lack of good communication (no online presence, no paper test results unless requested, complete unavailability by phone, long turn-around times on returning phone calls, disconnects in communications between different people in the office, told one thing at one office visit, another on phone later, etc.). I've never "fired" a doctor before, so I was hesitant to do so, but at or after every single visit there was another red flag, so I finally did and am glad I did so. Already much happier with another endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

We have always been treated great by both staff and physican. We have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes. If you come with questions Dr. Khan always answers them thoroughly. He does have a sense of humor & a nice smile; we found him easy to talk to and ready to assist us. Sorry the first person did not have a good experience. We certainly are very, very pleased.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I'm amazed at the previous posters' experiences. I feel like I've seen a completely different doctor and office staff. The staff were very friendly and quick (it IS a little annoying to have to give my insurance card at every visit, but they don't MAKE the policy...). Dr. Khan is more clinical than some doctors - his "bedside manner" is a little cold - but I value knowledge more than having an outgoing personality. He knows his stuff, and had no problem answering my questions. I was very happy with my experience there.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012