Ratings for Dr. Sandra Swantek

Dr Swantek is incredibly disrespectful towards her patients. She lacks compassion and empathy. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Sandra Swantek.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

This is the WORST psychiatrist I have ever encountered. She lacks compassion, knowledge and is consistently very rude, unprofessional and arrogant. Regrettably she took care of my 37 yo sister diagnosed w/Severe Recurrent Depression & Borderline/Bipolar. 2 weeks after discharge from the hospital she died by suicide. My sister survived a suicide attempt and was having difficulty engaging in treatment. She said my sister had "something to gain" from her suicide attempts. When my family asked for recommendations to help my sister engage in treatment (as these are classic symptoms of depression and borderline) she had the audacity to say "well sometimes they just die" those were her exact words! Very untherapeutic and detrimental to the little hope my sister had of overcoming her depression and suicidal thoughts. Not the qualities you need in a health care provider. Feedback from others in her profession echoed my experience. Unfortunate that she is still practicing!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Dr. Sandra Swantek's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)