Ratings for Dr. Ann M. Wierman

Dr Wierman is a gifted doctor, Board Certified in Oncology, Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. We came to know her via the discovery and onset of my wife's Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2010. She resolved my wife's fear and worry through her compassionate care, providing accurate information on her treatment progress and explaining what she would experience. Dr. Wierman constantly monitored the treatment protocol and brought her through to full remission. As a happenstance, my daughter who is a Medical Oncology Detailer working for a major pharmaceutical firm knew Dr. Wierman years earlier and knew of her outstanding reputation among the doctors here in Las Vegas. Dr. Wierman is the “Go To” doctor for up-to-date advances in medical oncology, developing genetic focused knowledge and we found her encyclopaedic in her knowledge of cancer and ability to explain what to expect and what happens throughout a course of treatment for cancer. Her reputation among colleagues is exceptional and they frequently refer their complex patients to her. Colleague referrals is a major way in discovering who are the best doctors. My wife is now 4 years in full remission from NHL and will shout from the roof tops how competent Dr. Wierman was and how compassionate was her experience. We met patients in treatment who were having a worse time than we and they often told us how grateful they were for how supportive they found her to be during their very difficult times. Additionally, Dr. Wierman monitored and guided her through avoiding a potential deadly bout with colon cancer and she is now free of colon cancer. Colon cancer is an independent disease from NHL. I am also her patient for a blood disorder, an acute case of anemia. She has been treating me for several years and I'm satisfied with the treatment protocol, progress and my current status. I've read through the critiques posted on-line and find their experiences to be alien from mine. One uninformed irate comment was about candy and how bad it was being available and how this is a cancer taboo substance. I've found candy at other cancer centers and in treatment rooms and nowhere in the literature on cancer is candy prohibited. Excess sugar, excess everything is not recommend as common sense and diabetics may be warned to limit or eliminate candy but the major cancer organizations such as: National Institutes of Health, American Cancer Society and World Health Organization do not do so, to my knowledge. So I consider those comments to be a result of some personal snit, exaggerated and unreliable and not to be generalized. Visit delays happen because of unexpected crises requiring doctors to be at the hospital and having to catch up and also from inefficient scheduling. This happens occasionally and in my many visits I did have a one time wait for 40 minutes and found it annoying. But I am OK with that knowing that ample time is being spend with patients scheduled before me. I see another doctor who by reputation is always very delayed and all of his patients expect it and choose him because despite pressure to see more patients he is diligent in assuring that all patients get whatever time is necessary. My personal view is that if you do not want to die from curable cancers you should consider Dr. Wierman as your primary cancer oncologist. You'll find her warm, engaging and informed, willing to go the extra steps often needed by cancer patients. Ask around, ask any cancer doctor and they will tell you she is one of their best. As to office staff, they are pleasant, able and efficient. Scheduling is first rate. Dr. Wierman's nurse is competent, follows up and is an independent source of accurate information. No request is too much and she will take the time to make sure everything goes as intended.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable, caring and compassionate for her patients

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Wierman never showed a genuine sense of care towards my Mother who is going through breast cancer. She never returned our phone calls. She was never thorough when we asked her questions and it felt like she just assumed we knew everything about cancer when we were very unsure with what do to. We visited her office once and she said she would be right back into the exam room and never came back. We were very disappointed because we put all of our trust and faith into her. I'm sugar coating most of this because I don't want to be rude. NEVER see this doctor.............save your life and go anywhere else. By the way.......the office leaves bowls of candy for patients!!!!!!!!!!!! CANCER PATIENTS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE SUGAR AT ALL, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A DISGRACE!!!!!! YOU CALL YOURSELF A DOCTOR!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED WITH YOURSELF!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Absolutely disgusted with this doctor and lack of compassion. Shame on you, Dr wierman you shouldn't be permitted to have a license to practice on cancer patients. Karma will get you.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Do not waste another moment of your time with the heartless uncaring individual. She should be ashamed of her incompetent and unorganized ways. Her staff us bottom of barrel. She needs her license revoked for the way she treats dying people. Seeking assistant from a lawyer to restitution. Do not go to this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Wierman was fine. But, I will never go back to her office and have to deal with the horrible, inept, indifferent, supercilious, rude, lazy front office staff. Whenever I had to interact with them, they didn't do their job. I had to do faxing, telephoning, and driving back and forth to different offices to get information that they couldn't or wouldn't get. They wouldn't even fax the info to the lab that would have saved 2-3 weeks off my cancer surgery date. They are a downright danger to you. If they are not all replaced, stay away!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Wierman not only saved my life but just today we find out she had saved my husbands life also. She did a prostate exam and found an area on the prostate she felt should be explored, it was biopsied and found to be early stage cancer. My husband was seeing her for low plateletts and we are so blessed that her exam was so very thourough. I was treated for breast cancer by Dr. Wierman 12 years ago and I am still cancer free. I cannot say enough good things about her. She is not only very knowledgable but she is caring and compassionate. She will never rush your appointment, and I know first hand she will be by the bedside of a patient in hospice at 1,2,or 3 oclock in the morning, not just once but regularly. She is and angel on earth and there is no way I could ever repay her. If she is your Doctor you will be in the very best hands.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I have known her for 15 years as my oncologist. She is a wonderful doctor, tops in her field, kind and caring and helps all family members get through tough times

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr Wierman is the best doctor in Las Vegas!!!! She is a great internist, even though she specializes in oncology/hematology. She takes time with her patients to ensure they understand everything that is happening. If you have something going on, she will figure it out, even if no one else can.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

She is seeing too many patients and does not have time to make them feel cared for.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr. Ann M. Wierman's Credentials

• German

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)