Ratings for Dr. Renu K. Thapar

I am sorry to say I went to see this woman on a referral from another physician. I cannot call her a "doctor" because it is apparent she has no concept of what a physician, especially in psychiatry, should possess. She almost immediately (within the first 3 minutes) misdiagnosed my problem and pigeonholed me into a certain type of patient. I went to her for help and direction and got nothing but rudeness, sarcasm and judgmental treatment. I think she has lost all compassion for people she deems unworthy of her so called professional diagnosis. I think she needs to retire because she is not contributing to the better good of those with psychiatric problems.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I am a former patient and must state that DR Thapar misdiagnosed my condition. This misdiagnosis is all too common. Reactive attachment disorder / adhd is misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder / adhd 70% of the time. The adhd is caused by neglect / abuse in childhood resulting in lack of brain development especially in the prefrontal cortex. The result is a non genetic adhd. The highs and lows of mood and behavior are caused by external triggers and not by internal brain chemistry or genetics. Dr Thapar did as other therapists do and did absolutely no testing neither behaviorally nor genetic and used observation alone which is totally inadequate for a diagnosis of this type.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014