You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Mark Popkin

THE WORST OFFICE STAFF I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!! PLEASE BEWARE! Dr. Popkin is a an okay Doctor (I always felt that my appointments were a bit rushed). However, the real purpose for my review is to highlight the incompetence of the entire front desk staff (from the person you contact for an appointment all the way up to the office manager). It's as if they go out of their way to ensure you have a MISERABLE AND UNFRIENDLY experience. Not sure how Dr. Popkin tolerates this. As a patient, I've found a new dermatologist for this reason.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Aaaaagagagaagaggagagaaggagaaggagaaggagaagaggagagaa

Submitted June 26, 2015

The office staff is not the best and can be abrupt, curt, down right rude; wouldn't give you a dime for any one of them -- they don't answer your questions eitherso maybe they need a lesson in listening skills. If Dr. Popkin wasn't such a good doctor I'd have left him years ago. Took care of my daughter when she was very young and quite terrified -- he's awesome with kids! and now I see him about once a year for my own needs. Office runs pretty close to schedule - although you have to ask for the Saturday hours.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

At first, he seems caring and knowledgeable but then i kept coming back for the same diagnosis and treatment (molluscum). The scalpel process is straightforward but because lack of time or else, he left me with a blood stain on my skin permanently. he rushes and rushes..he should know better that the puss in the molluscum is contagious and should be quarantined..obviously he uses the same scapel for every wart and doesnt clean it...

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

If you're looking for a great, no nonsense dermatologist who will give you great medical care, look no further than Dr. Popkin. I've been to a lot of derms, and he is the best.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Had multiple contacts with Dr. Popkin. On one occasion I had to wait a month and a half to see him - had to go to a wedding looking freakish. When he finally saw me he said to just keep taking the medicine I was taking (which obviously wasn't working). I asked him if oranges could exacerbate roseacea and he said, "No". When I looked on-line, they cited citrus fruits as a factor in roseacea. Why would he not know this? I arrived at one appt. and was told I didn't have one, not on that day and time and not at any other either. Made me wait one hour since someone else had "a real appointment". Then he saw me for 3 minutes. One time when I went to a follow-up appointment, he looked at me and said, "what the hell happened to you?" - I had to tell him HE had burned something off. If he hadn't have been so highly recommended, I would have switched much sooner. While his staff can be blamed for a lot of the problems, I would not recommend him ever.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

Dr. Popkin is the best and I need not say more. However, the reception group is a bit of a mess. Their actual hours do not even come close to being what their recording states-if it says be back from lunch at 1:00-maybe someone will answer by 1:30-if it says open until 4:00, at 3:00 you get the service because they are closed. But I will put up with all of it because Dr. Popkin is the best. Patient, knowledgeable, he's got it all.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Simply the best. Very intelligent and compassionate. Although the wait is generally long, I never feel rushed once I'm with him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Very helpful doctor. Takes his time and I never feel rushed. Overall, a great medical experience.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

I have finally had to switch to a new dermatologist, and I am so glad I did. Dr. Popkin would prescribe the same thing repeatedly despite mediocre results, and the visit would be short and abrupt. This was especially frustrating because it would take me several tries to even get through to the office, since they often are not there to pick up the phone, even during their business hours (which are sporadic to begin with). Multiple frustrating experiences made me go look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Dr. Mark Popkin's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "THE WORST OFFICE STAFF I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED!! PLEASE BEWARE! Dr. Popkin is a an okay Doctor (I always felt that my appointments were a bit rushed). However, th..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Aaaaagagagaagaggagagaaggagaaggagaaggagaagaggagagaa"

June 26, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=32589'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014