Ratings for Dr. Faheem A. Sandhu

Dr. Sandhu is not only an incredible surgeon, but he is a humble man who does not talk down to his patients. He takes time to listen to your questions and once you meet him I can guarantee you most likely will have full confidence in choosing Dr. Sandhu. I went for a second opinion on a lumbar surgery that was being scheduled by another surgeon, who although well know, was talking an anterior and posterior cut. I met with my Neurologist who was convinced by my symptoms that I had something else going on causing coordination issues. He immediately referred me to Dr. Sandhu who looked at MRI's of both my lumbar and cervical spine. We first discussed my lumbar MRI, and Dr. Sandhu said he could do the surgery and only one disc needed a replacement and/or fusion, but that he would only need to incise me from anterior side. I immediately told him told him "your my new Dr.", Then we discussed my cervical spine (which my previous surgeon didn't even look at). I had a large protrusion/herniation at the C6/7 level, which he said we need to first address this. I was having pain in both arms and losing finger coordination. The surgery went well, and even though only on cervical spine, he said it may help with some of the sciatic leg issues from my lumbar. He was 100% correct. At 6 weeks out, I just met with him and the healing is looking good. I have control again of my fingers ad only a little pain in right arm which we are addressing with PT. If/when I need my lumbar surgery, it will be with Dr. Sandhu. I have had the pleasure of working with Ms.Tiffany Guglielmelli (the primary Physician Assistant, and Ms. Joy Arellano who was the nurse coordinator who stayed in constant contact with me. Both were professional, friendly and seemed to really care about me

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I had a three level neck fushion 3 years ago. I had suffered fir many years and gone to many doctors seeking help. Physicians at John Hopkins even turned me away saying that I had so many compkex issues that there was nothing tgat coukd be done to help me. I continued researching physicians and kept coming across Dr Sandhu's name. He gave me hope that surgery would improve my deteriorating condition. The surgery was a success. I can walk, play golf and do all the things that I never thought I would be able to do again. He is an incredible surgeon, and I will be forever grateful to him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Sandhu is one of a kind. He has a great bedside manner and is very talented and up-to-date on all the latest advances in various treatments. I have had one surgery and am going back for the final. The waitlist is long and his surgical scheduler Hazel is the best. The rest of his staff needs some training on how to help this top notch provider shine. A "World Class" doctor deserves a "World Class" staff so I hope for his sake, he makes some changes in the front office.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr Sandhu operated on my spine decompressing my brain stem and spinal cord. I can't say enough good about him! He actually listens to me and he makes me comfortable enough to ask any questions without feeling inferior. He's extremely knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, talented, and gave me my life back. The best of the best!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Sandhu is a very talented Neurosurgeon. He specializes in minimally invasive spine procedures, I was up and walking the very next day with instant relief. Thank you for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Dr. Sandhu performed complex cervical spine surgery on me. I am so pleased with the outcome. His excellent surgical skills fixed my problems and prevented further spinal cord damage. He is a good listener and pays attention to his patients. He doesn't stop caring when you leave the operating room! I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

He is amazingly personable, speaks WITH you and not TO you, he doesn't rush your appt & takes the time needed to to communicate. It's refreshing to find a "neurosurgeon" who MAKES time for patients instead of increasing the number of people seen to meet so-called quotas due to the low insurance reimbursments having to add up to greater/proper payment. He is humble, not from a lack of ability or confidence, but rather an abundance of talent, skill, experience, and respect from colleagues-- all of which he uses to help people instead inflating himself with a superstar surgeon's stereotypical self-absorbed ego. Kudos to Dr. Sandhu!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr. Sandhu is the most professional and surgically talented MD that I have ever encountered. Wonderful bedside manner.Excellent communicator and very intuitive. I would certainly say this physician operates on a 'higher plane"!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Faheem A. Sandhu's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Clinton, MD