Ratings for Dr. Joseph K. Vaughan

He was cold and uncaring. I had my 9 year old daughter with me and his student dr took her out of the office to prevent her from crying further. His bed side manner is horrible. I'm a nurse and I got more care from the nursing staff he had instead of him. My original appointment want until February with a Dr Benson, but I took the first call I got because that 5 months away. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He spend so much time on the computer I felt like a robot who couldn't answer anything but yes or no. I was in years by the time I left. He told me in front of my daughter that I would be worse singer than later. She has inherited my condition so it key her scared. This dr is horrible! Education, experience. .etc.. Doesn't excuse the fact that he acted like me, as a person, didn't matter. I have no choice to change. . But if I would, I definitely wouldn't want him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr. Vaughan had a very poor bedside manner when I visited his office. He seemed very rushed, slightly arrogant and he had his back to me, typing on his computer, for 95% of my consultation. He talked over me while I tried to answer his questions and I felt as though he was not listening to my concerns. He did not treat me with respect, or for that matter as a patient. He never even looked at the paperwork I completed in the office, because it was lying on the table beside me during my visit. I waited 4 months for the appointment and it was not worth the wait. I am glad he told me he could not help me (saying I was not a text book case) and referred me to another doctor at the UTSW Dallas facility. At least he was honest enough to do that. Please see a different doctor if you have muscle weakness, neuropathy or your in a second opinion phase.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Condescending attitude. Ego covered any knowedge bhai e may actally have. Treated my mother at UTSW .

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Dr. Joseph K. Vaughan's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Assurant