Ratings for Dr. Nora Z. Tossounian

She's the absolute best doctor I have ever been to in my entire life! Very caring and very very thorough. She pays a lot of attention to the patients needs and is extremely helpful!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Tossounian is a very good doctor. She is smart, knowledgeable, and respectful. She explains things well and answers all my questions. My only complaint is that I always have to wait a very long time -- 20-40 minutes in the waiting room and another 10-20 inside the exam room. I have complained about this to the doctor several times and although she acted sympathetic nothing has changed.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

She always will listen to your health concerns (when things can be, um, embarrassing, she is easy to talk to). Very thorough. Cannot say enough about Dr.Tossounian. I give her a 10 out of 5.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Toussanian when my endo left the state. She assured me she could handle my issue and has done so perfectly! She listens, is patient and caring - I feel very comfortable in her practice and LOVE that she doesnt keep her patients waiting like so many doctors do.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I work in the medical field, and Dr. Tossounian is the first MD I've gone to who treated me like the educated healthcare practitioner I am. She listens to her patients and works with them from where they are rather than just imposing her book learning.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, tossed a prescription for Boniva and then the doctor hung up! So I was advised to see Dr. Tossounian and what a wonderful experience. Caring, attentive, bright and obviously a sound choice for me. I told her my reluctance to take Boniva and she said she would respect that but after a few more tests we would talk about it together. How much better does it get?

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

The Best doctor I have had in years. She is a gift - smart, compassionate, great listener, takes the time to ask questions - a good "sleuth", as internist should be. I have recommended her to my inner circle and will continue to do so. Staff is fantastic - pleasant and helpful. Truly a remarkable find! Dr Tossunian is wonderful - I hope she will be my doctor until I'm a little old lady :)

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

I've been looking for a good GP forever. I finally went to Dr. Tossounian on the recommendation of a friend and I love her. She clearly read my chart before coming in and was on point with everything. She talks and listens and does not rush your appt at all. The staff is very helpful which was important to me since that is who you have to deal with most of the time. Jeanine (i think thats how you spell it) was so nice and a Yankee fan! :) Rose helped me through the paperwork and over all just had a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Tossounian. This was the first time I saw her and she clearly reviewed my chart before she came in the room. She took my concerns seriously, which is very important to me. Her office staff is extremely helpful and polite. So happy I found a good internist in NJ!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Nora Z. Tossounian's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She's the absolute best doctor I have ever been to in my entire life! Very caring and very very thorough. She pays a lot of attention to the patients needs and ..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tossounian is very kind with my 91 year old mother. She is thorough & does a comprehensive exam."

November 28, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Nora" to "Nora Z."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "WEST ORANGE" to "Hackensack"

September 3, 2013
  • City changed from "HACKENSACK" to "WEST ORANGE", Med School changed from "Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21205" to "Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine"

April 22, 2012