Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Sofronski

My surgery was great at first but then I was throwing up in my sleep and told him about it and he did nothing. Went to primary doctor found out my throat had stretched doubled its size. He got paperwork saying what was wrong called me in ASAP and took fluid out of my band. And I haven't been right since. Went to another doctor and was told that the damaged was to bad that there was nothing he could do to help me. So there went All that money out the window. He was very pushy and made you feel like you were not good enough if you couldn't get yourself in shape. I know at 3 people that he work hasn't worked. Wished all of us would have stuck together and went to court for our issues

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Sofronski saved ny life twice! Both surgeries were emergency, perforated colon. Dr. Sofronski was very kind and calming in a critical time. He advised me after the first surgery to seek a good colon Doctor , I thought I had but apparently not because it happen again on a much more critical scale.. I could not ask for a more understanding and knowledgable Doctor . He was wonderful, I wish all doctors were like him!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Very rude. Trivialized my concerns. He told me I could go back to work within a week when the average recovery time is three weeks. Blatantly lied on several occasions. Made rude comments to me about other patients. His wife is the secratary and she's rude too. Please, don't let this man cut you open. He doesn't care about you or your health; he only wants your money. He also has a higher death rate than the national average. Find someone else. Anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Had weight loss surgery and a hernia repair. I paid cash to the doctor for the weight loss part. Always problems at my office visits with him. I found him non supportive, angry non helpful never listened or answered questions. He is loud and abrasive. All he seems to care about his MONEY. Not about patient .care. I have never been talked to that way by a doctor. I could never recommend him or his practice. Buyer be ware.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I almost died. Botched my apendectomy. He was the doctor on call. I had complications that were covered up, resulting in 2 additional operations including a second abdominal incision from sternum to pubis. He almost killed me and sent me home from the hospital with three pints of blood in my abdomen. Found out later I wasn't the first that he has done this to. Avoid this ****.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I cannot recommend this doctor. I had numerous complaints regarding punctuality, refusing to answer questions, decorum and attitude. Hw always seemed rushed and in a bad mood. I never left office feeling good about my progress or myself.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Didn't like paying the $2500 out of pocket for "group therapy sessions (support group)" as it was explained to me ... when insurance covers real therapy. Later learned the money was for the on-site gym, which I used 1 time. Knowledgable about the surgery & exercise. But Still having trouble swallowing a year and half after lap band & hernia repair surgery w/no answers and very little weight loss. Frustrating

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009

Dr. Michael D. Sofronski's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1988)