Ratings for Dr. Nereida Diaz-Johnson

I was denied to See the doctor bc i had my physical done last year by another doc bc i had towait 2 months to see dr Johnson. Today i called bc i am not feeling well and the stuff refused to give me an appointment. They said that Dr. Johnson doesn't take patients back.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

She is an excellent doctor, very attentive and effective. Her staff? Not so much, they barely pick up the phone. Trying to get in touch is like playing the lottery. If you are patient (no pun intended) and you have time to try to get in touch with the office then I recommend her. If you do not, please get another GP because her staff is terrible. All except the lady who does the EKGs and ultrasounds. Dr. Diaz-Johnson please hire competent employees!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Hard to setup an appointment because the Office does not answer the phone always and the wait time is too long once you do get an appointment. I've waited up to 2 hrs to be seen. Once you get to see her, she listens, orders tests, prescribes medication and offers referrals where needed. She needs to join a network of doctors before recommending her.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Very Helpful and thorough. Listens to you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

In my experience Dr. Diaz-Johnson does not personally return calls to patients when needed. Undertrained office personnel make these calls back to the patients. If you like a "hands-off" doctor, then she is for you. She is knowledgeable, but it appears that she doesn't run her office, her staff intercepts the patient calls (sometimes the Dr. doesn't get the messages - I don't know what that is all about. My interaction in this was I am on list of "People who are allowed to talk to dr." on behalf of family member. Office staff seemed disinterested until I asked to speak to Dr. (remember, this was family's 2nd call in 2 days into Dr. without a return call on first message and it was somewhat urgent. Patient was just released from hospital and had problems and questions. I am recommending to my relative to find another doctor.

Submitted July 9, 2010