Ratings for Dr. John C. Southerland

DR. Southerland is a very good doctor, that will keep you well informed of any condition that may exist. The Center For Endoscopy & Staff where he does his procedures, is also very help full. the Prep. was fairly state foward. My Thanks to everyone for making this so easy. Linda H.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Dr. Southerland is an excellent physician. I would recommend him. My only concern was my initial phone call from his office to schedule my consultation. I expected to be called within 24-48 hours but it was over a week. Otherwise, once I made my appointment everything went well. His staff at his office was friendly and the staff at my procedure were professional, friendly, kind and reassuring.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

Dr. Southerland is excellent. Knowledgeable and attentive. Explains everything patiently and understandably. The front office practices are horrible. Rigid and indifferent. Very Balkanized--no cross-training or team approach. If you're willing to endure the frustration of getting past the gatekeepers, you'll be pleased with the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Had a J pouch scope and Dr Southerland was awesome, he kept me informed of the whole procedure and made me very comfortable, he is easy to talk to about any concerns I had, Thank You

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

12/11/17 Colonoscopy was medical excellence in action. The entire process was patient friendly, professionally competent, and punctual. The "prep" was even shorter in duration and more tolerable than previous regimens. Dr. John Southerland therefore has my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr.Southerland advised me to continue taking a "step" medication which I experienced,& reported an adverse intolerance/syndrome. The day I started APRISO, I became deathly ill. Prior to taking APRISO I was healthy, kayaking a few days earlier. I suffered for 20 days, called 14x pleading for an emergency appt. He did not return one call. This neglect resulted in 26 days- hospital & emergency surgery, due to a perforated colon. I almost died. My records are inaccurate & false. Medical Negligence! RUN!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Has colonoscopy in June 2016 and have to say one best doctors I've ever had to deal with. He even explain procedure to wife before I woke from it. Very professional and highly recommended

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Friendly, personal, professional & very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr. John Southerland is one very good doctor. He is very professional, practical, has a great bedside manner, keeps you informed and does his job thoroughly. The Center of Endoscopy, where he preforms his colonoscopies and endoscopies , has also a very good and helpful stall. However, his office staff functions under a phone system that is not patient friendly - the staff is fine, but contacting anyone is all done through voice mail - call back can take 2 days. I was accidentally cut off on a call with his nurse in the middle of a conversation, no one called me back, when I called back I got into the voice mail system and the person that I could leave the message with was on vacation and referred me to another voice mail station which I could only leave a message. - I tried other extensions - same result all saying - leave a message. I left a message and finally did get a call back - 2 days later. It was frustrating. In spite of the phone system - Dr. Southerland is worth a little frustration, he is one very good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

My colonoscopy was completed on 3/1/17. My experience began with Aida, physician assistant, prior to the scheduled procedure. My wife attended the appointment with me and we both found her to be very professional and very competent. The appointment with Dr. John Southerland on 3/1/17 went very well. The nurses were thorough, cordial, and very competent. Not many patients rate a colonoscopy a great experience. It is a medical procedure that can be life-saving. Since becoming a full-time resident of Florida in early 2016, this is my first experience with Dr. Southerland and his team members. I was very pleased with the time he spent with me. He is an excellent doctor and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017