Ratings for Dr. Mitchel A. Kanter

I have no complaints with the doctor, but I was NOT happy with the support staff. My insurance requires a referral for a specialist, which I provided. But no one mentioned that the hospital where he does his procedures ALSO requires a referral. I had no idea until I got a huge hospital bill - even though insurance should cover all but $25. I'm still trying to sort it out - and his office staff has been NO help. They didn't even acknowledge that they have an obligation to explain the insurance requirements to their patients. I assumed that since I brought the doctor a referral, that all was good to go. Not so. Beware. Also, the front desk staff was less than helpful. Receptionist talked on cell phone (personal call) while I stood waiting to check in. Initially denied I had an appointment (I did) and was generally rude. Dr. Kanter needs better help!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Dr. Mitchel A. Kanter's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Oxford