Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Pendergast

I was VERY impressed with Dr. Pendergast and the entire staff at Retina Associates of Cleveland. I had "floaters" and Dr. Pendergast did a vitrectomy in both eyes. The surgery was painless and so was the recovery. Dr. Pendergast and his staff were extremely professional, pleasant and punctual. I would highly recommend them to any of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2019

I went to Dr. Pendergast thinking I was going blind. I have wet Age Related Macular Degeneration.Today, after surgery for a membrane on my left eye and treatments for wet AMD, he has it under control. I don't have words for how I feel about Dr. Pendergast. I am 76 years old and don't wear glasses(after wearing them for most of my life.) My vision is very, very good. Dr. Pendergast is a #1 dr. I wouldn't let any other Dr. touch my eyes.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Scott Pendergast is certainly very qualified and an excellent ophthalmologist. I have received excellent care, including surgery, from him. My one complaint is just a suggestion that he allow 5 minutes more with each patient, and sit down and answer questions from his patients. He is always in such a hurry to leave the examination room, and it is tough to get him to stop, relax and answer a question or two.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

We had an unexpected retina issue and our eye doctor called the Retina Doctors for an appointment. We were seen the following day, then had surgery the next day. OUTSTANDING care provided by the staff, surgical team, and Dr. Pendergast. We were extremely fortunate to have this doctor perform the surgery at such short notice. We can't express our appreciation enough for his dedication, knowledge and surgical expertise in this area. Highly recommened!! Thank you Dr. Pendergast and God Bless YOU!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

DR. PENDERGAST AND HIS STAFF ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL. MY VISITS ARE MET WITH A QUALITY OF CARE 2ND TO NONE. I AM COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Pendergast's thorough diagnosis and pleasant demeanor, with his support staff, make my yearly visit a most pleasant one.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Excellent physician and staff

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Scott D. Pendergast's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Pendergast received his BA degree from Case Western Reserve University and his MD degree from Boston University. He completed his ophthalmology residency at Duke University Medical Center in North Carolina and completed his training with a retinal fellowship at William Beaumont Medical Center in Royal Oak, Michigan. Dr. Pendergast has been recognized in Cleveland Magazine as one of the top ophthalmologists in the nation and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors In America every year since 2013. Dr. Pendergast has special interest in age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, retinal vascular occlusions, and macular edema.

• English

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• Wet macular degeneration