Ratings for Dr. David P. Schreiber

This Dr. is only interested in what he can sell. To my great regret I fell for the pitch. He falsely represents his prostate biopsy procedure as cutting edge when it has been abandoned by nearly all urologists as to complicated and dangerous. A fact to which I can vividly attest to. After waking from the antesthia I had an urgent need to urinate which resulted in river of blood. The nursing staff tried to explain it away as normal. Dr. Schreiber was nowhere to be found. The next four weeks included three trips to the E.R. Two catheratizations involving urine retention that caused my systolic blood pressure to soar to 146 (normal 106). two weeks wearing a pee bag on my leg while huge, some as large as a quarter inch, hunks of me where being eliminated. All the while I was constipated and trying ever more strong laxative methods until I finally expelled a clot of excrement and blood the size of a golf ball. I cannot express strongly enough my warning to avoid this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I went to Dr Schreiber because he advertised a 15% impotency rate for a seed implant.I made my decision based on that fact.I would have the best chance of emotional survival.He operated on me Dec 19,2002. My spirit died on that day.I have been totally sexually crippled since that day. The side affect of impotency is deep depression.He talked really fast in the pre operation consultation. I felt confused. He said one thing I remember, "Sex is never going to be the same" , so he already knew I was going to become sexually crippled.I researched it and found out the impotency rate for seed implants is 66 per cent. I sank into a very deep depression when I found out about that.I also found out later that prostate cancer is slow growing and I could have watchful waited and saved my sexuality, maybe.I was told nothing of that option.I would rather live one year with a healthy erection than a thousand years with impotency.My beautiful girlfriend left me 4 days after surgey on Christmas eve.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr. David P. Schreiber's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners