Ratings for Dr. Robert N. Brown

I've been seeing Dr. Brown for years and while he hasn't cured me of my CFS and Fibro (didn't expect him to) he has helped me in other ways and is genuinely a nice person. The staff are all very nice as well. I even get a birthday and Christmas card every year from his office!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

My husband had a very good experience with Dr. Brown. What sets him apart from many doctors is that he listens - really listens and lets you explain your issues. He is very outgoing and puts you at ease. He is very knowledgeable about health issues and considers the whole person in his diagnosis and recommendations for treatment. His staff is very efficient and friendly. If you have health issues that have not been resolved consider Dr. Brown.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Brown was my mother's physician and after I was born I was diagnosed with a mild case of cerebral palsy. I have never thought about "digging" for more information pertaining to my medical records until now. There was a lot of family drama at the time so my father was not at the delivery but when he was able to speak to Dr. Brown he was informed that I was very premature. I'm in the medical field and I have never seen a 7lb, 21 inch premie! My lungs were fully mature and the one thing that I have heard from other family that were present is that I could not stop shaking and they then rushed me to the NICU. I don't have a relationship with my mother and I'm not pointing the finger at Dr. Brown but I plan to look further into the possible cause of my cerebral palsy.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

I have waited almost 6 years since I have last been seen by Dr Brown. I was treated for various illnesses but mainly migraine headaches and pain. I was prescribed Oxycodone initially and progresses to 160 mg of Oxycontin a day plus Oxycodone for breaktrwough pain along with the ocassional demerol and Actiq. Basically I became addicted to the opiates. Only when he was going through his suspension did I go on a suboxone program for the addiction. I equally blame myself and the Dr. for allowing this to go on for over 7 years and as I look back I wish he would have tried to help wean me off the pills instead of just making them so easyly available each month. I understand he was just treating me based on my symptoms and as an adult I realize I should have took a greater control in my addiction. In all other treatments he was a great doctor and was always attentive to my concerns. Would I go back to him? Probably but would let him know what was done to me so he could adjust his practices.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

People bash Dr. Brown because of accusations made against him and the fact that his license got suspended for it. The fact of the matter is however is that he is an outstanding doctor. Tentatively listens to your concerns and is extremely helpful. Provides explanations as to why things are being prescribed, tests are needed, etc. Anyone who is too afraid to ask questions or anyone who purposefully plays a doctor in order to obtain prescription drugs, only to abuse them, or anyone who knows someone who has done this should wake up and smell the coffee that this is not Dr. Brown's fault. People need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions and not bad mouth those that are sincerely caring and genuinely helpful.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Twice this doctor overprescribed medications. I attempted to tell him something was wrong and he disregarded my concern. Luckily I got a second opinion.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I always called him "DR. FEELGOOD" He didn't treat anything...just prescribed pain medication. He should be out of business. No talent...just a prescription tablet!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

Wonderful Doctor! VERY caring and understanding.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Brown is a big disappointment. He put me on oxycontin and did not tell me about the horrible side affects when you stop using this drug. I was in so much pain and he wanted to deep doubling the dosage. I found out later that my additional pain was due to my body wanting more of the drug. I am in my 60's and was almost bed ridden and thought it was due to fibromyalgia. Another physician told me why I was in so much pain after Brown was suspended. It took me 9 months to slowly wean myself off this horrible medication and I blame Dr. Brown for not warning me of the consequences upon withdrawal. I told him I did not like oxycodone and he said it was because I was taking the generic form. I hope he never practices again. It was so easy to get all the oxycontin I wanted but I only wanted pain relief. I was physically hooked and he knew it by the comments he made to me. Thankfully I was not mentally hooked or I would probably still be using it today as it is so hard to get off.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

would not help correct problem with health ins

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. Robert N. Brown's Credentials

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Omaha Ne 68178 (Grad. 1971)

UnitedHealthcare