Ratings for Dr. Valery F. Lanyi

I had an awful experience with Dr. Lanyi, due to the fact that I could overhear her talking negatively about me in the hallway outside the examination room with her assistant before she examined me. When she came in the first thing she said was " I heard you want me to work magic." Excuse me? I went to see her because although I have chronic lower back pain, a few days before, my back starting hurting in a different way, and I was in pain all the time. I was also scheduled to take a 10 hour flight the evening I went to see her, so my family encouraged me to see a doctor to make sure it was ok to fly since I AM NOT A DOCTOR. So no, I didn't want her to work magic, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dealing with something that could be dangerous if I was in a plane for an extended period of time. I left her office and started crying because she made me feel like I was a hypochondriac. If you are in pain, don't go to her, because she will make you feel like you are bothering her .

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013