Ratings for Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS

Dr.Gould and his staff are amazing, very professional, and very caring. Dr. Gould took time to explain everything about the procedure and answered all of my questions, I'am so happy I had the balloon procedure and found Dr. Gould. I would highly recommend Dr Gould.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
Your recommendations are the kindest compliment you can give us. Thank you!

Submitted September 4, 2019

I had the balloon procedure for my sinuses with Dr. G. I could not say enough good things about him and his staff. They were smart and explained things in a way I could understand, they were punctual with diagnosing and getting my procedure scheduled when other doctors tossed me around and were indecisive, the team was attentive and kind and kept me up to speed on procedure day, and Dr. G was quick, gentle and talked me through the whole procedure. Very excellent experience!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
We truly appreciate your feedback!

Submitted September 3, 2019

Very positive atmosphere and all staff are helpful and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted September 1, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
Thank you for taking time and giving us this kind review!

Submitted September 3, 2019

Very nice atmosphere. Entire staff was very friendly.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
We appreciate your kind comments!

Submitted July 9, 2019

I could have went to a doctor within the health system I was already in but when I looked up the "best" in St. Louis, it brought me to Dr. Gould and he came through. I had surgery and am being treated for allergies. He and his staff were very courteous, professional, prompt, and very helpful in answering all my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Thank you!

Submitted July 9, 2019

I visited another allergist before who simply prescribed Montelukast. Dr Gould and his group offer so much more. Cutting edge care, courteous, professional, caring, and a much better experience all around. Their allergy testing is more in depth. Their therapies of allergy shots or drops are given with the long term goal of getting you off of allergy medicine. I had a chronic sinusitus condition which caused sinus infections that lasted 6-8 weeks and multiple episodes each year. He recommended his cutting edge balloon nasal surgery. Had the surgery done in his office. Seemed like it took only 15 minutes! The surgery changed my quality of life. Dr Gould and Cynthia Emily PA are always on time. They spend as much time as needed to answer all your questions and explain how the therapies will ideally work. My highest recommendations go out to Dr Gould and his group to anyone suffering from chronic allergy problems.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
Your feedback is truly valuable and appreciated!

Submitted July 2, 2019

I have always had good service at this office. If they call in a prescription for me, someone from the staff calls back to make sure I received it. Dr. Gould and staff are both knowledgeable and personable.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
Thank you for taking time to provide us a review!

Submitted July 2, 2019

I went in for a local infection. He wanted me to come back for shots and a screening. That is not what would have fixed the problem. He also prescribed me to 21 days of an antibiotic so my insurance would cover the screening. Needless to say, I didn’t go that route (because 1. I’m very sensitive to antibiotics, allergic to most and 2. I know better than to take any antibiotic for 3 weeks unless maybe I had a severe infection) and instead got a second opinion. Glad I did because I’m all healed (using an ointment for 5 days) and don’t have to go through the trouble of shots or screenings. I saw this as a money grab. Plain and simple.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2019

Dr. Gould took my tonsils out after 30+ years of suffering from chronic strep throat. He is an excellent surgeon, but the procedure itself is quite painful as an adult. I’ve been so much healthier for years. Can’t thank him enough! I’m

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's response
Thank you for the review!

Submitted July 2, 2019

After a very poor experience with another Dr, I called St. Louis Sinus Center and had a very long conversation about the services that they offer, what my symptoms and expectations are, and how my appointments would be handled. I asked about getting my previous CT and records from my previous ENT sent over and reviewed before and during my first appointment so that I would not have to have repeat appointments and imaging done unless necessary. I was told that this would be no problem and is very common. Everything sounded like they were actually a great office and they took care of everything like they should. 3 weeks ago I made my appointment and I have the confirmation of receipt of the medical release form from 5/31. Given my urgency to get in, I took the first available appointment, 6/17, which unfortunately was at the Festus location, almost an hour away. The morning of my appointment I decided that it would be in my best interest to call prior to my appointment to make sure that all of my records have been received and are on file before I made the drive. I am glad that I made the call because I was told that there are no records on file. 2 sets of records, they have neither. I asked when they were requested and was told that she could not see when they put in the request. 3 weeks gone while waiting for the 1st available appointment and now I have to make another appointment because they do not have (likely never requested) my medical records. After 4 call backs, (after the first call I was given a new appointment for 6/25 which wasn't ideal, but it was booked) and over 40 minutes on the phone during my work day, I am told that they "went above and beyond normal practice", typically because of HIPPA, they normally do not have records transferred before a patient is seen, which contradicts one of the conversations that I had with them this morning, and what I was told before I even made an appointment. They also had no problems emailing me the forms twice, once from the first call, and the second because I had to call back and remind them that I had records at 2 places. Kim then went on to inform me that my review originally just on Google, which is nothing but factual, was not appreciated given that I had not even seen the doctor yet so technically I am not a patient and that my review is a reflection on the doctor. They will not see me now because of a review of their service that was posted online. While I cannot speak for the doctor himself, but values and ethics of the office management speaks volumes.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

Dr. James D. Gould, MD, FACS's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James D. Gould, an internationally recognized pioneer, expert, and researcher of In-Office Balloon Sinus Dilation, is the founder and medical director of Synergy ENT Specialists and the St. Louis Sinus Center. Dr. Gould is a board-certified Otolaryngologist who completed his residency training at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - the nation's premiere Otolaryngology program. While at the University, Dr. Gould received special honors for his award winning research in basic science. Dr. Gould has a special interest in Allergy and Rhinology and is a Fellow of both the American Rhinologic Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery. Dr. Gould is also a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, and the American Medical Association. Dr. Gould is committed to offering the most cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technology to his patients while providing the most comprehensive sinus care in the region.

• English

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)
  • Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1999)

• Acute sinusitis