Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey L. Ballard

THIS IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER,EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE !!! HE TREATED ME LIKE GUM/GARBAGE STUCK TO HIS EXPENSENSIVE SHOES...THE STAFF IS OBNOXIOUS ! ESPECIALLY THAT VERY "BLEACHED" BLONDE IN THE FRONT...I THINK HER NAME IS "SONIA"...SHE THINKS SHE IS ALL THAT AND THE FRITO LAY COMPANY ! MAYBE SHE IS THE "BOOTY CALL"?? I HAD OUTPATIENT SURGERY WITH DOCTOR BALLARD AT THE ORANGE PAVILLIAN ON 7/30/15.THEY ARE "SO NOT" PROFESSIONAL THEY CHANGED MY SURGERY TIME LESS THAN 24 HOURS THE DAY BEFORE !!! GREAT RIGHT ?? JUST ALL ABOUT HIM !! WHAN I WAS ALREADY "HOOKED" UP TO THE IV AND SLIGHTED "SEDATED" HE CAME INTO THE SURGICAL ROOM....RED AS A TOMATOE...YELLING AT THE NURSES,ASKING THEM WHY THEY FILED HIS PAPERWORK THAT WAY AND ALSO ASKING IF "THEY TOUGHT HE WAS STUPID"? WELL,WHO WOULD'NT? JUST FROM THE WAY HE WAS ACTING !!!!!!!!!!!! HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT LEG OF MINE HE WAS OPERATING ON(MY HAND TO GOD!)...AT WICH TIME I DID YELL OUT..."THE RIGHT ONE,THE RIGHT ONE!" HE MADE ME STAND UP...STILL ALL PISSED AND GIVING ME NOT A COURTESY OR A TOUCH OF HUMANITY !!! HE STARTED DRAWING ON MY LEG WITH A BLACK MARKER,LIKE A HYPERACTIVE 2 YR.OLD ON SPEED !! I FOR MANY YEARS...WHEN IT ASKS FOR ALLERGIES ON MEDICAL PAPERWORK,I HAVE PUT DOWN "MORPHINE" BECAUSE IT WAS GIVEN TO ME IN 1998 FOR MY COMPLETE "HYSTERECTOMY" AND I HAS "PROJECTILE VOMITING FOR 2 DAYS"!! WHEN HE SAY THAT HE CAME OVER TO ME....EVEN ANGRIER AND SAID "MORPHINE IS NOT AN ALLERGY,IT'S AN ADDICTION" LIKE HE FULLY BELIVED I WAS A "DOPE" FEEN...WELL,I BELIEVE HE MAY BE THE ONE HAVING THAT PROBLEM,JUST BY HIS NON-EXISTING BESIDE MANNER AND TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR HIS PATIENTS AND ANY OF THE NURSES WORKING THERE ! I CAME HOME AFTER SURGERY...WENT TO BED,BUT WHEN I WOKE UP,THE BANDAGES WHERE "SOACKED"...I BELIEVE I HAS WET MYSELF.MY ROOMATE WENT AND BOUGHT ME $89.00 WORTH OF BANDAGES,JUST TO KEEP THIS DISASTER COVERED AND STERILE,AND BECAUSE I LIVE ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND HAD $32 IN MY CHECKING AND NO SAVINGS !!! 5 DAYS LATER I WAS STILL BLEEDING,IN SEVERE PAIN ,AND HE HAD LEFT A BEYOND HUGE VEIN ON THE BACK OF MY LEG !! I CALLED THE OFFICE AND TOLD THEM I NEEDED TO SEE THE DOCTOR....THEY SAID 1ST APPOINT WOULD BE SEPTEMBER 13TH !...I SAID NO WAY POSSIBLE....THIS IS NOT RIGHT.I ASKED TO SEE ANY OF THE OTHER 3 DOCTORS IN THE OFFICE,AND THE FRONT OFFICE "LADIES" TOLD ME..."I COULD NOT,BECAUSE I WAS NOT THEIR PATIENT ! AFTER A FEW WORDS ON MY PART,I WAS ASKED TO LEAVE...NO PROBLEM AT ALL,I WILL NEVER WALK INTO THAT OFFICE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! EVEN THE MOST MEEK AND MILD,WILL TURN ON YOU,IF YOU PROD IT,BEAT IT,AND DISRESPECT IT ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I RECENTLY RAN INTO AN INDIVIDUAL THAT KNOWS THIS BALLARD DUDE,BUT AGREED HE HAS CHANGED TREMENDOUSLY AND BELIEVES BALLARD HAS "BURNED OUT"....WELL GET OUT DUDE....MEDICINE HAS "NO ROOM FOR YOU" AT ALL !!! PLEASE LISTEN...YOU WOULD RECEIVE BETTER CARE AT THE "ANIMAL SHELTER"...I GOT A LETTER TODAY FROM BALLARD,SAYING I HAVE SLANDARED HIS NAME BECAUSE I REPORTED HIM TO THE PAVILLION "RISK MANAGEMENT" DEPT.....! I HAVE NOT SLANDERED YOUR NAME DUDE! YOU ARE DOING AND HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB OF DOING THAT "ALL BY YOURSELF" GOT IT ? I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE SEVERE "LITTLE MAN SYNDROME" !!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

I saw Dr. Ballard a little over a year ago. I'm 25 years old now but at the time I was just shy of my 24th birthday and I had been suffering from Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) for 12 years. For 11 of those 12 years, doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Even after I was eventually diagnosed, I had a very difficult time finding a surgeon willing to help me. With my primary doctor's help, I researched nearly 40 doctors and contacted about 25 or so but, because my case was so severe, they didn't want to touch me. My primary doctor eventually found Dr. Ballard. Upon meeting Dr. Ballard in person, he immediately recognized the severity of my condition and wasted no time scheduling my surgery. He literally healed me and changed my life. I'm no longer in chronic, agonizing pain and some strength has returned to my upper extremities. I cry thinking about the pure miracle that happened in my life and I am deeply grateful to Dr. Ballard for everything he did to help me. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be in nursing school today or actually planning my family with my husband. Thank you Dr. Ballard!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Horrible doctor. His first suggestion to a better vascular system was to drink more wine like he does. He even suggested certain wines and beer he enjoys. And I kind of got that "little man" complex vibe from him, he kept saying he could fix my blocked coronary artery just as well as an average size doctor can, even though I only went in for a routine check up. Dont waste your time with him, I wouldn't even use him as a third opinion.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey L. Ballard's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Commercial Insurance Company