Ratings for Dr. Joseph J. Zielinski

I have no doubt that Dr. Z. knows his stuff, but he seems overscheduled and just going through the motions of therapy. He isn't as attentive or caring as I hoped. It's feels like a therapy mill. His secretary was pretty cavalier about protecting patient confidentiality, and let me see other names in the appointment book while she looked for an available appointment. I think Dr. Z. needs a break.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

He has been treating my sister for 10 years(!) for generalized anxiety disorder. Finally, at her request, I attended a session today. All of his comments were trite and less than insightful. Any MD with an ounce of decency would have told my sister a long time ago that perhaps another therapist would be more beneficial with her care. He's been collecting her copay for 10 years and she has shown no improvement as far as the family is concerned. Oh, and I have a degree in Psychology and my husband's a physician, so this is not just "sour grapes"!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Took my teenage son to treated for feeling hopeless and depressed. At the second visit, Dr. Zielinski stated after 10 minutes that he could not treat my son as he was not talking. As someone who holds a MA in psychology and evaluates children in crisis, it is psych 101 to know that teenagers will not open up within 10 minutes. A good therapist will know that you must first build trust and begin to work on breaking down the ego defenses in order to ease the patient into treatment. I’m appalled that this basic technique was not even considered. My son was brought for help because of wanting to isolate due to depression. It was apparent that Dr. Zielinski did not want to take the time to properly treat and is only looking to treat easy cases. I’m leaving out other things that he stated to my wife and I, but in all honesty, he should be ashamed of himself. I recommend that you think twice before entering into treatment with him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013