Ratings for Dr. Ali Kalamchi

I was very pleased with Dr. Kalamachi, Russ and the staff. They were always courteous, professional and knowledgable. My back is 100 percent better after the surgery and would highly recommend him to anyone who is having spinal issues. The procedure was explained before hand in great detail. Very satisfied. Walt B.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

This man was arrogant. Two surgeries (we expected them) and my stomach shut down from pain (it happens). He said to see my regular doctor (I had a week of that), but the therapists knew what to do (common occurrence)and THEY helped me. Kalamchi was irritable, and even asked me if I was trying to bring him down by complaining (I was having serious trouble). The frozen spine sections are still hurting me, but that might not have been his doing. His surgical abilities are good, but that is about it. He was no help beyond that.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Kalamchi and could not have had a better experience. His office staff was very efficient and courteous. Unlike most doctors, he was right on schedule and did not keep me waiting. He was very patient and fully explained my condition and answered all of my questions. His experience and expertise were apparent. My spinal fusion went flawlessly and I am so grateful for his care. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kalamchi.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

My visit for severe back pain consisted of his strolling in late with my films that I had brought with me, and informing me he hadn't had a chance to look at them yet. He looked me up and down and said that women have been giving birth for centuries. That was it. WHAT?? First of all, I'm not pregnant and I certainly don't look pregnant. When I asked what that had to do with me, he smirked, told me to deal with the pain, and walked out. Yes, that was it. No, I would not recommend this doctor at all......ever. On a side note, his personal hygiene needs work.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008

He told me I was a hypochondriac and to go back to my family doctor. I ended up having major neuro/vascular surgery (not by him)and am doing much better now. I had a very real problem! I left his office crying he was so RUDE!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Would not recommend! Big Ego...Very Rude! After spine fusion surgery, this Doctor refused to believe I had pain that was as bad as before the surgery. Told me I should talk to a Psychiatrist because stress does cause back pain and thought it was all in my head. He completely and very rudely denied what I was saying and sent me away! I continued PT for another 6 months but the pain was getting worse. I finally made an appointment with another Neurosurgeon (Dr. Eppley)who ordered a CT, Myeologram and a Bone Scan. Tests revealed fractures and fragmentation of the Facet Joint where Dr. Kalamchi fused my spine. I have been tol I need to have the same procedure performed because the fusion didn't work.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2006

Dr. Ali Kalamchi's Credentials

• Univ Of Baghdad, Coll Of Med, Baghdad, Iraq (Grad. 1968)

Unicare