Ratings for Dr. Mark Lebenthal

Treated my father horribly for years. I should have posted this rating three years ago when my father died but I couldn't bear to do it. He is a control freak. He was verbally abusive to my father for years and years that changed my father's whole personality. He had my father on multiple blood pressure drugs, strong heart arrhythmia drugs and multiple statins all at the same time over the years. He contributed greatly to my father becoming a different person and told my father repeatedly over years and years that he would die which lessened his quality of life. Well, my father did die similar to how this doctor told him he would because he contributed to my father's death. He over medicated him and did not follow up closely on his medications. He also kept him on coumadin for over 20 years with never once checking if he should remain on it. My father had many signs of internal bleeding from the coumadin and Dr. Lebenthal never addressed his concerns. He is a pill pusher and test pusher doing unnecessary repeat invasive tests. Before my father stopped going to him, it was too late and the damage was done. Every single appointment, this office had the wrong medications down for my father and still had medications listed that my father hadn't taken in years and months. They were constantly trying out new medications on him and what appeared to be experimenting. This doctor does not like patients who are informed and asks questions and when I started going to appointments with my father he actually asked me if I was an attorney because I asked so many questions and he also asked me if I had all the meds I need and if I needed anything, which is how much he liked to prescribe medications to people. The last few visits he had my father coming in every week and could not remember when he was there last. It was bizarre. He would accuse my father of not taking his meds and not taking his meds properly but it became apparent that he could, would and was but that this office had no idea what they had my father on, why he was on it and what he should be taking. They were the problem, not my father. I wish I had known this was going on 15 or so years ago so that my father didn't suffer at this doctor's hands and would be with us today.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Lebenthal is the best. His receptionist Carmen, however, seems like an odd choice for the job. Receptionists are usually pleasant individuals who make you feel welcome. Carmen, on the other hand, has wild mood swings and when at their worst, she can be frightening. If she has personal problems, she should leave them at home and not bring them into the workplace.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

Dr. Mark Lebenthal's Credentials

• Hindi

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bridgewater, NJ