Ratings for Dr. Brian W. Schymik

My experience with Evansville Surgical Associates was a complete nightmare, and even years later it still haunts me to this day. I would strongly advise everyone to steer clear of this group. I was told by Dr. Brian Schymik's nurse that his surgical removal of an unknown mass "went well". But after I requested a copy of the biopsy report, I found out that the mass was malignant and had not been completely removed. Yes, I found out I had cancer from a report I received in the mail. Sadly my experience with this group gets much worse from here. I regrettably trusted this group with a follow-up surgery. I was once again told that the surgery was successful and that I was cancer-free. However after I requested a copy of the biopsy report, I noticed inconsistencies. After calling with questions about the inconsistencies, I was assured by the group's CEO that the second surgery was successful and I had nothing to worry about. Only after I repeatedly questioned the biopsy report from the second surgery and asked for it to be officially reviewed, was an error discovered. Yes, the second surgery was also botched and the cancer was not completely removed, as was previously stated. To this day, there has never been an acknowledgment or apology from Dr. Schymik. If I hadn't repeatedly second-guessed this group, the cancer would have continued to grow unabated and I would not be alive today. I sought treatment from another surgical group who made me realize how incapable & unprofessional Evansville Surgical Associates really is. Almost three years later, I am still psychologically tormented on a daily basis by what Dr. Schymik and the Evansville Surgical Associates put me through. I don't post this out of spite, rather in hope that others will avoid the nightmare that I've had. Please avoid using this group.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr. Brian W. Schymik's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)