Ratings for Dr. Manuel M. Garcia

First time visit with Dr. Garcia. Asked me lots of questions about my problem. I was glad because most Doctors don't have the time to listen. The young man who took BP and did EKG was good and the lady who set up my tests and follow up worked around my schedule to set up a good time for me. I really liked Dr. Garcia and his Crew

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I experienced a controlling, callous attitude from Dr. Garcia, as well as uncaring staff during 6 or 7 visits over a 1-year period. He initially took interest in me, since I'm unusually young and fit for congestive heart failure brought on by chemotherapy damage rather than degenerative arterial disease. I explained that my heart function had been stress-tested out of state and performed quite well when physically active, although my "ejection fraction" was only at about 35% in general. I explained that my heart had been stable at this level for 10 years and asked him to review my overall patient history. He scoffed and said that info was "purely academic" and that I needed a defibrillator put in. After months of discussion on this, he abruptly ended my appointment when I said I didn't want a defibrillator yet. My previous cardiologist suggested younger doctors may go strictly "by the textbook" (too aggressive) and that I'm OK to wait until something changes with my heart.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Poor patient communication. Tried to talk with him, but he is NOT a listener! He's in charge and there is no reason for patient discussions. I felt like he enjoyed holding me under his thumb and trying to intimidate me into believing that he is always right and I had no other choice than to do it his way. Medications he directed me to use were ineffective and when I questioned his choices he would not listen to my input. I finally gave up on him and got another doctor. What a relief.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

poor bedside manners. sucks as a human, but i hear is a good cardiologist. would rather have dr. frank pallares work on me instead, and that is really sad

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Doctor is very knowledgeable, but talks too fast. Uses a lot of medical jargon, difficult to understand if you have no medical background. Clinical staff takes blood pressures incorrectly, and first time in 20 years had EKG sitting in a chair and fully clothed!! This gives doctor invalid info, thus inappropriate treatment recommendations. Office atmosphere unpleasant, staff 'robotic', uncaring, no compassion. Had cardiolyte stress test, a very unpleasant experience, your comfort or anxiety level is NOT their #1 priority--you are 'herded' from one test to another. Will not be returning to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Manuel M. Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners