Ratings for Dr. Durwin L. Gates

Having a wife as a receptionist is unprofessional to begin with then when I asked what their hours were she replied "they vary" What?? But I went ahead and scheduled, tried to call to verify appt about 45 minute prior and the rings were normal then were funny sounding...no answer machine. I still went to the appt to find the OFFICE CLOSED! Waste of time. He also charged me for the first visit which was less than 5 minutes...he put gloves on and looked at the broken tooth and told me to go back to Aspen Dental to get my x-rays and make another appt. The tooth is visibly infected...but I guess he can't do x-rays??

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I have been a patient for several years. Prices are below what others have charged in the past, and the service is solid. He doesn't try to 'sell' unnecessary procedures as other dentists do.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

This so called dentist brags about working with the Steelers, and his community service. He charges more than most dentists, way over what insurance pays. Told me that I didn't have any decay, that I needed a periodontist. After seeing periodontist, and cleaning, I was shown the x ray that Dr. Gates forwarded, showing horrible decay, which was the real problem, not gum disease as Dr. Gates had told me. I lost two teeth due to the wait. Two teeth that could have been saved if Dr Gates knew what he was doing. His practice gets new patients because he uses laughing gas, and for those of us that are afraid of dental work, that helps. This dentist is incompetent, and conceited! His wife is the office mgr, and she isn't the nicest person either. Community service? He should be cleaning up trash on the side of the road!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011