Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Mighell

r. Mighell is the best!! I came to him with a seriously messed up shoulder. I had gotten in a motorcycle accident and previously had a plate and 8 screws put in to put my shoulder back together. This was in Nov of 2017. After months of physical therapy the pain in my shoulder was unreal and couldn't raise my arm but a few inches from my body. I went to 4 shoulder surgeons before Dr. Mighell, they all said my case was too advanced for them. Dr. Mighell agreed my shoulder was messed up and the only option was a reverse replacement. His office worked to help me get him in network, and so I had the second surgery in less than 6 months. THANK GOD! Three days after getting out of the hospital my pain was all but gone. I stopped taking the hydromorphine and other serious pain medicines on the third day out. I am now 8 weeks post op and I can put my hair in a pony tail and do about 80% of what I could prior to the accident. Dr. Mighell is super wonderful, his team is amazing! I truly can't say enough great things about him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's response
Thank you for the kind words about your experience with Dr. Mighell and Florida Orthopaedic Institute. We are terribly sorry to hear about your accident, that must have been a very stressful time for you. We wish you the very best during your continued recovery period!

Submitted July 6, 2018

Most friendly and professional staff I have seen anywhere from the surgery to the next day follow up. Amazing!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

Dr. Mighell was very thorough, responsive and considerate. I am a returning patient and I will be going into surgery for the 3rd time with him in the morning. His bedside manner and medical knowledge/experience is very comforting for what would otherwise be SCARY and terrifying for myself. Rita has always been a phone call or text away and always responds with the upmost care and compassion for whatever my issue may be. Scaring is barely noticeable! Dr does a fantastic job with sutures! Pain and recovery were a huge concern for me and the doctor and his assistants quickly resolve any issues or discomforts I?ve ever had. All procedures (pre-op & post-op) are explained thoroughly and there were no surprises! Over all 2/2 procedures have gone very smooth! I recommend Dr. Mighell to all of my clients when asked for advice on good orthopedic surgeon! Tomorrow I?m most positive will go just as smoothly as my first two procedures! And I know I will be fully active within next 4 months!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's response
Thank you for the detailed review about your experience with Dr. Mighell at Florida Orthopaedic Institute. We will happily share this with he and his team. We wish you the best during your upcoming surgery and recovery.

Submitted April 4, 2018

This was an exceptional first visit, totally informative and timely getting diagnostic procedures so that surgery could be scheduled promptly on this visit. Very satisfying to be promptly evaluated and have the necessary procedure scheduled.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Could not have chosen a better medical team than those at Florida Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Mighell is an amazing, talented, and caring doctor. Not sure where I would be without Dr. Mighell's help. I probably would not have the quality of life that I hoped for. Thank you to his staff: Rita, who is so caring and knowledgeable, and is always looking out for the patient. She is so dedicated to this practice, and it shows. Thank you Elise, for always being there for me and listening to all of my questions by making me feel confident and part of the FOI family. Keep up the amazing work!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's response
Thank you for writing such a nice review about your experience with Dr. Mighell, Rita and Elise. They are a great team and asset to Florida Orthopaedic Institute. We will be happy to share this with them.

Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Mighell and his staff are wonderful. Rita is excellent, very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Rita, Dr. Mighell?s nurse has gone out of her way to ensure my concerns are addressed quickly throughout this process. Many thanks to Rita and Dr. Mighell.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's response
Rita is a great asset to Dr. Mighell's team! We are please to hear you've had a wonderful experience with each of them.

Submitted January 3, 2018

DR. MARK MIGHELL, CHANGED MY LIFE& MY WIFE WAY OF LIVING, I AM PAIN FREE, GREAT DR VERY WORTH WHILE HUMAN BEING, THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIM!!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's response
Awe, thank you. Dr. Mighell is an exceptional surgeon and very kind-hearted. We are grateful that you are back to being pain free and your way of living. Thanks for the kind words!

Submitted October 25, 2017

The staff is excellent and I always felt that I was being treated with respect. It is always a pleasurable visit.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Very pleased. Dr. Mighell listened, he looked directly at me, and even went to get a model to illustrate the answer to my question. My experience today was great: I left feeling as if Dr. Mighell really cared about me, not just my shoulder. That optimism goes a long way in believing my shoulder will heal well.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Mark A. Mighell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mark A. Mighell, M.D., is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and he serves his profession as a national board examiner. He specializes in the treatment of injuries and disorders of the shoulder and elbow, and, having been trained in an American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons fellowship, he now trains three fellows each year. Additionally, Dr. Mighell treats patients using advanced surgical techniques including elbow arthroscopy, reverse total shoulder placement, and shoulder reconstruction.