Ratings for Dr. Elcy M. John

I made an appointment with Dr. John after I started bleeding during my second trimester. She was the doctor that the tomball hospital ER dr recommended I see. I didn't get in for about 2 weeks after I started bleeding (I bled every day constantly). I told her about how I passed what looked like tissue and that I have been bleeding for 2 weeks. She said bleeding was normal. Didn't do any kind of tests or even an ultrasound. Also she encouraged me to start exercising. This was the extent of my visit.. I did not get any answers as to why I was bleeding and if it could harm my baby. I imeditely made and appointment with another doctor who I couldn't get in to see for another 2 weeks. At this point I had been bleeding constantly for over a month. This doctor imeditely did an ultrasound and found out I have placenta previa and put me on strict bed rest & I have to go in for a check up weekly. So Dr. John had me walking around with something that could be potentially fatal to my baby because "bleeding is normal" and I guess she didn't want to take the time to check on my baby.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

My annual visit was fine, I gave all of my prescripts, dosages and where to order new scripts to nurse and told them I need all refilled. Called for first script and found not called in, so called nurse. After several days find out Dr. John does not prescribe that med, but she did not tell me that and had to go to other dr for script. 2nd med, called in and found not called in by dr. called again, it took three weeks to finally get filled with many phone calls to nurse. 3rd script knew to call ahead, gave two weeks. after 3 phone calls, was told it was called in (confirmed by nurse). went in to get refilled and not called in. Now, dr. on vacation and nurse cannot do anything for another week. Been without med now for four days and have to call a new dr. Will never recommend nor go back to that dr. Informed them I would be reporting this on these sites and that I would not return. Very 'un' customer friendly, nor responsive. Disturbing experience.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Elcy M. John's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Tomball, TX