Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Puls

Rude, condescending, entirely unhelpful. He doesn't listen and is disrespectful. And office politics prevents switching to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Run as fast as you can to another Doctor! My brother had a pace maker put in yesterday. A procedure that others said was a simple procedure. This one may have been different because instead of the 30 min. we were told, my brother was in there almost 2 hours. He was not given enough medicine to numb him and could feel everything going on. He was crying and begging Dr. Puls to stop but the doctor paid no attention. My brother was in terrible pain and this so-called doctor didn't care. The nurse who assisted told us this was not the first time this has happened to a patient. This man is not a doctor! He's an animal! I suggest you find another doctor quickly! In my oppinion he isn't worth the one star I had to give him in order to complete this survey.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr. Puls has done a great job. I really like him as a doctor. However, his staff is terrible; I will likely find another doctor. They are not warm or courteous no matter how well you treat them. They were very condescending when "explaining procedures". Several times I asked for more clarification on the process of having an echo done, and the lady just repeated verbatim what she had already told me, but with an attitude. It didn't even remotely answer my question of how or when the results would be handled. They refuse to work with me on appt times that are convenient for me, even for appts that are made 6 months out. The main lady won't even turn around to talk to you as she schedules appointments. She stares at her computer with her back to you. It's hard to tell if she is talking to you or another office staff member. Also, the wait times have been long (1+ hour on several times) and they act like you are being impatient if you go up to the window to check the status!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Puls is TERRIBLE. Sends you for tests and waits WEEKS to give you the results. Although the staff says the results will be in that day, it is not true. He refuses to return calls and answer even basic questions that a patient may have. I'm not an unreasonable person who is a whiner. He just truly doesn't care about the well being of his patient. It doesn't matter how kind or respectful you treat him or his staff, he will move at his pace and you better not question his pace or time tables. Cardiology is serious business and he has missed that fact. I only have one heart (which is one more than he has) and it is important that I take care of it. There is no point in ordering a series of tests if the results can't be accessed for weeks. Please reconsider using this doctor. OKC is full of caring and compassionate doctors and he is not one of them.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Alan R. Puls's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1980)