Ratings for Dr. Michael Nicolai

I have had dr. Nicolai for more then 20 years. he is a *to the point* dr. I think the environment we succumb to is at fault. dr. Nicolai is a very caring, courteous, knowledgeable dr. and I would not trade him in

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

My parents were patients of this physican for years. My mother presented to the ER with a massive MI and this physican was there in the ER I immediately went to him for assistance in the crisis and to tell him my mom was there and he responded in saying he was not on call a deferred to another a physican . I imagine that he felt that his response was not appropriate because he did try to comfort me. Fortunately, I was able to secure a Cardiolgist to help but, she passed away . The saga continued with several calls to this md for help with my Dad who has dementia . I must admit that the md's response was quick but of little help. He stated that my issue with my Dad was a social service problem and he did not know what to tell me. Can you imagine you reach out to the MD that cared for them for 15 years and you are the in the mist of a death and trying to secure safety for 92 year old mam. I can only express my disappointment in the lack of caring he showed to me at this time .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

This is the best run practice I have ever been to! The staff is polite,knowledgeable,and pleasant.I have never waited longer than 15 min to be seen. Dr. Nicolai is a wonderful doctor who truly cares about his patients. He listens and prescribes tests and medications appropriately,not a "pill will fix everything"type Dr. My friends and family all now have him as their primary care physician and are satisfied with their care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

He is truly an amazing and caring Doctor....always listens to what you have to say - never rushs you....Never a long wait time - He is always on top of your medical concerns.....doesn't brush off anything you might have to be concerned about. I would highly recommend him....you would not be dissapponted....

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

If you are searching for a Doctor that will listen to your needs and welcomes your input then Dr. Nicolai is not for you. If on the other hand you are searching for the kind of care that leaves you feeling like a child scolded by his parent then you will feel at home in his practice. My impression of Dr Nicolai was that he seems more concerned with letting his patients know how knowledgeable he is but much less concerned with listening to their needs. I found it difficult to speak to him as the consultation was entire one sided. HE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO GET A WORD IN DURING APPOINTMENT! He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the managed care system. In this practice your medical needs take second place to Dr. Nicolai opinions and the needs of the insurance providers. He minimized my complaints, disregarded my high blood pressure along with other of my complaints. Provided me a hand out with nutritional information then let walked me out.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

No long waiting time, always good advice, does not automatically prescribe medication. Wonderful doctor. Been going to him for over 10 years. Trust him!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2007

Wonderful doctor at a great practice. Very hard working and on point. He's got a mind like a steel trap!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

He is amazing and extremely knowledgeable. He has wonderful bedside manner. But you have to call many weeks in advanced to get an appointment with him, he is always booked up with appts.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

I lke Dr, Nicolai very much. He has been my primary physician for years and I rely on him completely.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Was 45 min late. Spent more time cracking jokes than listening to me. Never called regarding an abnormal test result. Won't be returning to that office.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2006

Dr. Michael Nicolai's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Denville, NJ