Ratings for Dr. Xavier Martinez

I felt as I was in vary confident hands. His office staff/receptionist Marta was extremely helpful and friendly as well.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

He was very thorough and knowledgeable about my situation.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I went to see Dr. Martinez to see about switching my neurologist. Upon meeting the Dr. He didn't let me explain my situation. I explained my med list and he was rude and stated that he was not going to perscibe a narcotic that I was not asking for and would not take me on as a patient for that reason. He also said that he was not taking on new patients and when I asked then "why did I get the appointment" he said that he didn't have to explain it to me. I was in an accident in 2001 and since have had migraines. He asked questions and said my migraines were tension headaches and need to reduce my stress and lose weight. He also said that he wouldn't give me a medication that my Dr put me on. When I said that the Dr is the one that suggested it and don't think I need it he said well I won't prescibe that either. He didn't in any way show me that he was about a persons well being and health more just about money. If he wasn't taking on patient they should have told me that when I called vs letting me pay my co-pay. I would never recommend this Dr at all.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Awesome,answers all questions and is to the point in terms a patient can understand,yet compassionate

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

It was supposed to, but "Dr. (As he calls himself) Xavier Martinez refuses to help anyone who is over weight at all. He physically made me stand up and compared me to him and told me that until I looked like him he would not do anything for me. He never let me finish explaining what I was experiencing, instead he tried to convince me of what he thought it MIGHT be. How would he know unless he let me finish explaining? This happened on every visit. My most recent visit he had the nerve to open the door and discuss things in my chart while other patients were in the hall, talk about a breech of privacy then told me to leave his office because I called him on his BS. I will never go to this doctor and I don't suggest anyone else see him either unless you want to throw money away on copays because he will not do anything to help except tell you your lying, call you fat and say too bad. His staff also collects copays wrong and even when you pay everything they send you collection letters about it. It took 3 visits before they took me out of collections she. I should have never been there in the first place. I think everyone should be aware of this doctor and his staffs shady practices.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

This insensitive doctor told my husband he had fibromyalgia. My husband has M.E., Myalgic Encephalytis. This is an incurable, non funded disease, with about 100 symptoms and people have committed suicide over it. "Doctor" Martinez tells my husband "you're doomed"!! My husband is pretty much bed ridden and let it be known, a doctor like this should feel the symptom's my husband feels. What kind of doctor says such a thing, yet was unwilling to help when my husband applied for SSI.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

I firmly believe Dr.Xavier is one of the worst doctors.He has an office in Green Valley and Arizon. My husband was misdignosed and told he had fibromyalgia,when he has an incurable disease called myalgic encephlaitis(M.E.)It is incurable and not funded and very strong symtoms. This man told me I had possibly fibromyalgia from the waist down!! I have stenosis! Way off. I needed a laminectomy. The worst thing he did and it should be reported to the Doctor's Adminastration, telling my husband he was doomed!!! My husband was appluing for diability znd the Dr. was of no help. What kind of doctor tells you "Yoi're doomed"??? I would advise everyone to pass on seeing him.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012