Dr. Luis A. Dibos

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Luis A. Dibos

In October I went thru a quadruple bypass. The entire experience was far better than I anticipated. Dr Dibos made me feel like family, answered all questions in a way I understood. Put me at ease with his casual demeanor. His staff is phenomenal too. No waiting in the office. I’ve been in healthcare my entire life and he is by far, the most knowledgeable, personal , compassionate surgeon I have dealt with.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2019

Dr Dibos is a man committed to high standards and excellence. His expertise in his field is widely regarded thru out the United States. He is Genuine and sincere and deeply cares about his patients and theirs medical outcomes. His bedside manners are very professional and honest and still yet very comforting. His communicative skills are impeccable and all questions are answered until you understand without judgement. He loves what he does and it shows in his work and in the interactions with his patients. This remarkable man stands far above many in assures positive outcome occurs to the best of his ability. Words can not express my true gratitude for this amazing man. If you need heart surgery Dr Dibos is without a doubt the person to seek out for you heart issues.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

Doctor Dibos saved in my husband‘s life with the widow maker being 95% blocked when they went in with the Catherization. I never ran into a more knowledgeable prominent polite and great bedside manner for a doctor in my life his knowledge was impeccable his manners and was respectful and step-by-step during the surgery we were told what was going on his recovery time of my husband has been awesome thank you all

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

Dr. Dibos was my rock during a very unexpected heart surgery. The moment I met him, I just knew he would do his best by me and he did. He says "we" and not "I" so I felt like part of a team immediately. He reassured me from the moment I was informed that I needed surgery until the day I left the hospital. I was visited at least once a day, asked how I was feeling, if I had any questions, and cheered on in his gentle way. I will never be able to thank Dr. Dibos enough for his skills in the operating room and for his bedside manner. He made me feel like a friend and not a patient. Bless you, Dr. Dibos. You have a fan for life. Jessica - Montana

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Dibos is a very knowledgeable surgeon and caring person. He motivated my father after his heart surgery to stay active and not to sit around the house and get depressed. I'm very happy that my father is doing well and getting back to his normal routine.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Dibos is extremely professional, skilled and caring. We are very happy that he could operate on my father. My father is 85 and so far has had an excellent recovery. Thank you to Dr. Dibos, the Union Memorial ICU staff and the Cardiac Care staff.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

You can't find a better cardiac surgeon. He cares about his patient and their family. Dr. Dibos saved my 85 year old fathers life and we can't thank him enough ...

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Luis A. Dibos's Credentials

Luis A. Dibos, MD, FACS Luis A. Dibos, MD, FACS, is a board-certified Cardiovascular surgeon, with over 20 years experience in clinical practice. He received his general surgery training at Union Memorial Hospital, in Baltimore, MD, from 1989 to 1993, and then a Cardiac surgery fellowship at SUNY upstate, in Syracuse, New York, followed by a chief resident year in Cardiac surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. While at the Clinic, he received extensive training in reoperative cardiac surgery, ventricular assist devices, as well as complex valvular surgery, working along side Drs. Bruce Lytle, Toby Cosgrove, and Pat McCarthy. He then went on to practice Cardiac Surgery in Baltimore. Dr. Dibos' special interests include minimally invasive valve surgery, off pump (beating heart) bypass surgery, and complex aortic surgery. He has performed over 5000 cases during his career, including close to 2000 off pump procedures. He is considered a regional expert in the off pump technique. Dr. Dibos has also been involved with several TAVR programs throughout the country, and has been involved in over 100 of these procedures since 2013. While practicing in Baltimore , he was repeatedly listed as a "Top Doc" in Cardiac Surgery, most recently from 2010-2016, and was named as one of the up and coming Cardiac Surgeons under age 40, in 1999. In January of 2017, Dr. Dibos decided to leave Baltimore, and has been traveling around the country as a traveling or "locums" cardiac surgeon. He has worked in hospitals in Colorado, Wisconsin, Montana, and Florida. He holds a medical license in 13 states, and is enjoying his new phase of life. "I never realized how much of a need there was for experienced cardiac surgeons in other parts of the country. It has been very rewarding operating on patients in these locations. I definitely feel like I am filling a void, and making a difference."

• Spanish

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)