Ratings for Dr. Douglas MacGilpin

Dr. Macgilpin is a great doctor. He's great with kids, and very knowledgeable. But, the office staff is horrible. They have lots of rules that do not benefit the patient. Scheduling of appointments is impossible. My one year old didn't get scheduled for his 1 yr well check up until two weeks after his first birthday, even though I called and called months ahead of time trying to schedule it. I was repeatedly told to call back next month because they weren't scheduling for that period yet. Finally, they decided to start scheduling for the month my son would need to be seen, and instead of simply scheduling him, now they tell me he's on a waiting list. Who sets up a waiting list for well visits? And, if that even made sense, why didn't they put him on the list when I called the first five times?????? I truly, truly do not feel like they have my son's best interest in mind. As a mother, that concerns me. My advice to them is to get a new office manager.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. Douglas MacGilpin's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Newington, CT