Ratings for Dr. James MacDonald

Dr. MacDonald has no respect for your time and that you may have things to do as well. I waited over an hour past my appointment time before he came in and then he took me into the hall to discuss my x-ray. He spent roughly 3 minutes with me and then rushed me out the door. He was supposed to discuss preventative measures for kidney stones with me on this appointment, but he apparently was too busy to show any interest in my case.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Spent 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room for a scheduled appointment. Dropped into a room while Dr. and staff talked about another patient outside of the half open door. We closed the door and could still hear everything being said. Then Dr. McDonald at Urological Associates of Southern AZ pulled me out the room and gave me my CANCER DIAGNOSIS while standing in the middle of a public corridor. (HIPPA violation anyone? ) Showed me my tumor on the c.t. and then said "I'm not going to answer any questions, right now. I'll make an appointment with you after your MRI. " And then handed us off to an assistant who practically ran us out of the office. Was then to be scheduled for a MRI within the next 2-3 days, but Dani one of his office workers screwed around for over 2 days "getting approval" from our Insurance so we could finally make an appointment. (We called our insurance after 2 days and they had not been contacted by UASA) She told me she would contact me the next morning when I called her in the next afternoon she was just short of abusive to me on the phone. ("I TOLD you I would call YOU when I got approval.") Other contacts with her were similarly unpleasant. The only pleasant encounter was with Denise who worked at the front desk. Do NOT go to this horrible man, or his rude unpleasant staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

This arrogant guy needs to find another profession. First-time appt, waited 45 minutes in exam room before some youngster doctor comes in to "help out" MacDonald. Talking to the youngster a few minutes before his phone rings and he fishes it out of his pocket and tells me "I gotta take this", and out the door he goes. Really? One of the umpteen staff can't take your call when you're with a patient? Comes back in a few to continue the reason for my visit, and he just has this blank look like its all going over his head. Goes out to consult with the Great Dr. MacDonald...and, news flash Doc...your exam rooms aren't sound-proof. MacDonald's disinterest was evident and clearly my being there was an imposition. When the Great One finally made an appearance, he kept interrupting me and cutting me off mid-sentence while I'm describing symptoms and asking questions. Apparently when you're "Senior Staff", which he made sure to point out to me, rudeness and arrogance are acceptable. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Office staff recommended appointment with him for procedure I needed. Waited 7 weeks for appointment. Day of appointment I was in waiting room for 90 minutes with no updates from staff.. When inquired they put me in room and took basic history with door open and no respect for my privacy. After another 10 minutes another MA shows up and states Dr Macdonald asked one of his partners to see me (one staff originally said does not do procedure I needed). When I inquired they said partner could of seen me an hour ago bur Dr Macdonald just informed them. I'm a physician myself and can honestly say this is one of poorest staff I've dealt with. Physician attitude is reflected by whole poor encounter.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Dr. James MacDonald's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1983)

GHI