Dr. Roy R. Rubinfeld

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Roy R. Rubinfeld

I wish I could give Dr. Rubinfeld and everyone in his office 100 stars. I used to have really poor distance vision. I've been wearing glasses since I was in the fourth grade and contacts since I became an adult. I hated them both. I've always hated glasses, and contacts are really uncomfortable for me after a couple of hours, but I preferred them when I went out. Anyway, I've been thinking about LASIK for more than 10 years, but I've always been terrified of having the procedure done for fear of something going wrong -- I'm a giant baby, whatever. Then one day I finally stopped being a giant baby and did some research on the best surgeons in the field and scheduled some consultations, and I was very happy with Dr. Rubinfeld. He's not just a great doctor, he's a great person. He's honest, he's funny, he's caring and if you do your homework, you'll know you're in good hands. Also, I like hugs, and he gave me a hug after my last followup. If that's not good enough for you, let me say I'm typing this review with 20/15 vision two weeks after of my operation. I was 20/20 the day after surgery. I feel like in six months I'm going to have x-ray vision. Don't worry, I'd use that power for good, not evil. It's not just Dr. Rubinfeld, everyone in the office is wonderful. Jenny and Dr. Kim are always there if you have any questions; after my surgery they checked up on me, they dealt with my annoying super-sensitive questions (e.g., I touched my eye, I'm scared, what do I do?). I really appreciate doctors and professionals who genuinely care about their patients. One thing I've been asking myself during the last two weeks is why did I wait so long? I don't exactly regret not having LASIK done sooner -- I feel like it was the right time for me. But at the same time, seeing the world the way I do today, life is more enjoyable. It's like my vision went from CRT standard definition to 4K HDTV. I know it sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not. I see detail and color better than I have in a really long time, maybe ever as far as I can remember. I want to say I've never, or at least not in a long time, passively noticed the leaves on trees, now I do. Also, I don't get as tired sitting in front a screen, probably because I'm no longer constantly squinting. I notice more detail, objects seems sharper, I can see far away. It's wonderful. If you're thinking about LASIK, schedule a consultation with Re:Vision.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2019

Dr. Rubenfeld and his staff are the best. I had lasik done in both eyes and Dr. Rubenfeld made me feel very comfortable and thoroughly answered any questions that I had prior to the procedure. I am now able to see even better than 20/20 thanks to Dr. Rubenfeld. Do not even hesitate before going to Dr. Rubenfeld, he is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

I had LASIK performed two weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. After spending a decade considering this procedure and going on multiple consultations, I knew I was in good hands when I met Dr. Rubenfeld and his staff. Dr. Rubenfeld is the experienced doctor that you want handling such a life changing procedure. When telling friends and family that I researched and decided on the best doctor, they all said, "of course you did." Search no further and schedule your appointment today!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2019

Dr. Rubinfeld performed his cross-linking procedure on both my eyes in 2011, when I was having trouble with the contact lenses I needed to wear because of advanced keratoconus. The procedure stopped the progression of the condition and restored my ability to wear contact lenses. It has been 8 years and my condition remains stable. Because my vision is not correctable with eyeglasses, the procedure made a major difference in my quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

I could not be more pleased with the results from my 2 procedures for keratoconus. Dr Rubenfeld is nothing short of a miracle man when it comes to helping people with their eye problems. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They join in my excitement of being able to see again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

If you are considering Lasik surgery, please go to Dr. Rubinfeld! I can't begin to describe how wonderful he and each of his staff were through the whole process. They made me feel at ease during each step, even when things went unexpectedly and I developed a corneal ulcer shortly before my procedure because I slept in my contacts. His team worked with me through that as well to make sure I was 100% healthy before I went through with my procedure. I left every appointment with a smile because everyone in the office including Dr. Rubinfeld are so incredibly nice and friendly. It has been a little over 6 months since my procedure and my vision is PERFECT! I am so happy to wake up every day being able to see without glasses. Selecting Dr. Rubinfeld and his team for my Lasik procedure was the best decision I have made!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING LASIK YOU NEED TO READ THIS!! YOUR EYESIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT - TRUST IN RE:VISION, DR. RUBINFELD AND HIS STAFF My daughter has had terrible vision since middle school (now 25 yrs old). She could barely read the 'E' alone on the chart. I suggested we would look into Lasik after college. We went to a doctor in Tysons VA who spent a total of 3 minutes with her. The vision exam and measurements were performed by very very young staff. Her measurements came back pointing to Keratoconus (cornea disease that causes thinning of the cornea) - they suggested she stay out of contacts and come back in 3 months - we were herded in and out with our minds spinning - Our 2nd appt. the measurements appeared worse than the 1st. The assistant appeared to be fumbling with the instrument. That doctor again spent about 3 minutes describing a cornea disease and talked about Corneal cross-linking (CXL) or possible Cornea transplant! At this point measurements by very young staff and 3 minutes of a doctor describing incredibly serious diagnosis' set her and I both into a panic. I am perplexed that this doctor would not have overseen these tests/measurements himself to verify. My son was injured at birth resulting in many many Johns Hopkins level specialists and surgeries - I reached out to one of them for a referral. We were referred to Dr. Bella Patnaik and Dr. Roy Rubinfeld. Exams and measurements were re-done and were normal on the 1st visit. We scheduled a 2nd follow up and AGAIN the tests and measurements were NORMAL! We walked into Dr. Rubinfeld's office extremely worried and concerned. Our initial appointment he spent over 45 minutes with us, thoroughly explaining the inaccurate diagnosis as well as collaborating with a collegue while we were there. He has confident, seasoned, talented staff surrounding him. We were sent to a retina specialist as a precaution appointment, where they read my daughters chart stating she was being seen by Dr. Rubinfeld and confirmed he is the best in the Nation. Dr. Rubinfeld's expertise, development, research and commitment to the health of sight is a Godsend. My daughter and I both spent over 8 months going back and forth to this 1st Tysons VA doctor, worried sick about her vision. The DAY AFTER LASIK follow-up with Dr. Rubinfeld she tested 20/20 AND 20/15!!!! Save yourself the worry, sleepless nights and 2nd thoughts and go straight to Roy Rubinfled -He's kind, thoroughly explains everything and gives materials/research to help solidify the process. YOUR EYESIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT - TRUST IN RE:VISION, DR. RUBINFELD AND HIS STAFF

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

6 months post surgery and my vision in my left eye was able to be corrected to 20/20 !! (Which is pretty amazing for karataconus). My eyesight is noticeably better and I no longer fear driving at night or in the rain. This surgery was the best choice I ever made and I highly recommend Dr. Rubinfeld as the expert in his field!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

The staff was very helpful and I had a good experience with my Lasik surgery. I would recommend Dr. Rubinfeld to anyone who is interested in Lasik

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017