Dr. Roy R. Rubinfeld

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Roy R. Rubinfeld

I could not be more pleased with the results from my 2 procedures for keratoconus. Dr Rubenfeld is nothing short of a miracle man when it comes to helping people with their eye problems. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They join in my excitement of being able to see again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

If you are considering Lasik surgery, please go to Dr. Rubinfeld! I can't begin to describe how wonderful he and each of his staff were through the whole process. They made me feel at ease during each step, even when things went unexpectedly and I developed a corneal ulcer shortly before my procedure because I slept in my contacts. His team worked with me through that as well to make sure I was 100% healthy before I went through with my procedure. I left every appointment with a smile because everyone in the office including Dr. Rubinfeld are so incredibly nice and friendly. It has been a little over 6 months since my procedure and my vision is PERFECT! I am so happy to wake up every day being able to see without glasses. Selecting Dr. Rubinfeld and his team for my Lasik procedure was the best decision I have made!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING LASIK YOU NEED TO READ THIS!! YOUR EYESIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT - TRUST IN RE:VISION, DR. RUBINFELD AND HIS STAFF My daughter has had terrible vision since middle school (now 25 yrs old). She could barely read the 'E' alone on the chart. I suggested we would look into Lasik after college. We went to a doctor in Tysons VA who spent a total of 3 minutes with her. The vision exam and measurements were performed by very very young staff. Her measurements came back pointing to Keratoconus (cornea disease that causes thinning of the cornea) - they suggested she stay out of contacts and come back in 3 months - we were herded in and out with our minds spinning - Our 2nd appt. the measurements appeared worse than the 1st. The assistant appeared to be fumbling with the instrument. That doctor again spent about 3 minutes describing a cornea disease and talked about Corneal cross-linking (CXL) or possible Cornea transplant! At this point measurements by very young staff and 3 minutes of a doctor describing incredibly serious diagnosis' set her and I both into a panic. I am perplexed that this doctor would not have overseen these tests/measurements himself to verify. My son was injured at birth resulting in many many Johns Hopkins level specialists and surgeries - I reached out to one of them for a referral. We were referred to Dr. Bella Patnaik and Dr. Roy Rubinfeld. Exams and measurements were re-done and were normal on the 1st visit. We scheduled a 2nd follow up and AGAIN the tests and measurements were NORMAL! We walked into Dr. Rubinfeld's office extremely worried and concerned. Our initial appointment he spent over 45 minutes with us, thoroughly explaining the inaccurate diagnosis as well as collaborating with a collegue while we were there. He has confident, seasoned, talented staff surrounding him. We were sent to a retina specialist as a precaution appointment, where they read my daughters chart stating she was being seen by Dr. Rubinfeld and confirmed he is the best in the Nation. Dr. Rubinfeld's expertise, development, research and commitment to the health of sight is a Godsend. My daughter and I both spent over 8 months going back and forth to this 1st Tysons VA doctor, worried sick about her vision. The DAY AFTER LASIK follow-up with Dr. Rubinfeld she tested 20/20 AND 20/15!!!! Save yourself the worry, sleepless nights and 2nd thoughts and go straight to Roy Rubinfled -He's kind, thoroughly explains everything and gives materials/research to help solidify the process. YOUR EYESIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT - TRUST IN RE:VISION, DR. RUBINFELD AND HIS STAFF

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

6 months post surgery and my vision in my left eye was able to be corrected to 20/20 !! (Which is pretty amazing for karataconus). My eyesight is noticeably better and I no longer fear driving at night or in the rain. This surgery was the best choice I ever made and I highly recommend Dr. Rubinfeld as the expert in his field!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

The staff was very helpful and I had a good experience with my Lasik surgery. I would recommend Dr. Rubinfeld to anyone who is interested in Lasik

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Rubinfeld and his staff were incredibly helpful throughout the entire process of LASIK. I am grateful to have received such kind treatment from such conscientious professionals. My results have been completely positive with zero issues or complications and I am very grateful. I felt very well taken care of and had all my questions answered, which is very valuable with a serious procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Rubinfeld to anyone considering LASIK.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Dr. Rubinfeld and his staff are amazing. I am so happy with my procedure and my choice to use them! I was very anxious and they made sure to reassure me every step of the way and after, when you feel most vulnerable (especially if you're alone like I was) they go out of their way to make sure you're ok and that you get home safely. Small things like that really show you how people are! Would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr. Rubinfeld did a wonderful job of restoring my vision. Being neither far- nor nearsighted, I was probably legally blind without my glasses; I couldn't have lived on my own without them. He and his staff are all "good people" and really care about their patients. Dr. Rubinfeld made sure that I was a candidate and spelled out all of my options. They had the equipment that let me take the various options for a test drive of the option outcomes. Do it today and enjoy good vision for life!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Before I met with Dr. Rubinfeld, I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I would have terrible vision and probably go blind due to my severe Keratoconus. When I met with Dr. Rubinfeld, he told me that he could not only stop the progression, but make my vision better, which shocked and excited me. Even before the procedure, I felt so confident that I was in the right hands. He answered all of my questions and made me feel really optimistic about my potential vision gain. I am now about a month and a half post surgery and I could not be happier. It was the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Rubinfeld is the best of the best and his staff is friendly, professional, and reassuring. My eyesight is SIGNIFICANTLY better. I no longer wear even glasses or contacts, which is very rare for someone with Keratoconus. Do not trust anyone else with your eyes- Dr. Rubinfeld is the leading expert for Keratoconus and this operation changed my life

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017