Ratings for Dr. Kore K. Liow

Dr. Liow is very knowledgeable with a gentle and compassionate bedside manner. He is my mother's doctor and has also treated my father as well. My mother absolutely loves him but more important he is a great doctor. He has been treating my mother since she had her stroke in 2010 along with her many seizures. The most important part is that my mother, who was not supposed to make it through that night, is a miracle in herself and is still doing so well. I don't doubt some of the low stars review however, I am just thankful my mother was not one of them and grateful for the great care my mother has been receiving from Dr. Liow.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Dr. Liow. I'm sincerely disappointed that Dr. Liow was either too busy with his new or didn't care enough to take the time to sincerely help his patient, because it appears that he has the qualifications. It is a patient and their family's responsibility to come to a doctor with information regarding symptoms. It is a doctor's responsibility to take the information and follow up thoroughly. He is difficult to get a hold of and there is no follow through when you have questions. He has been managing his business recently and maybe just too busy for my daughter.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Extremely knowledgeable doctor who is also friendly and happy to take the time to explain test results in depth. I'm very glad to count Dr. Liow among my treatment team.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I love being here, Dr Liow is very positive, and I love talking story with him. I always have a wonderful time. The thing that outstands him is that we always close the visit with a prayer.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I feel very comfortable discussing my situation with Dr. Liow. He explains everything in common language which makes understanding my case very easy.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Much thanks to Dr. Liow and his staff for helping me with my recent epilepsy disorder. Under his guidance and medication, I am now able to control this unexpected disorder. I am grateful to be under the care of Dr. Kore K. Liow.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

After being treated by 4 other neurologists over the past 25 years for my partial complex seizures with absolutely no improvement, I was lucky enough to find Dr. Liow. In one visit he was able to determine that the medication I had been taking was the wrong type. He prescribed something new and since then I have been seizure free. Very thorough, easy to talk to, knowledgeable and helpful staff, always on time.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I am very happy that we were referred to Dr. Liow. He is very knowledgeable in his field and very easy to talk to. He makes sure that his patients are well-taken cared of.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr Liow was very helpful, after a mixup in the scheduling for another doctor, he was willing to take my father that day so we didn't have to make another trip. He also keeps the other doctors - primary and cardiologist in the loop, unlike some others.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Liow has been very helpful and informative about my epilepsy diagnosis and collaborations with my primary doctor.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Kore K. Liow's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Liow is the director of Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience, Hawaii’s leading and first multidisciplinary Neuroscience Center where he leads a team of neuroscience physicians and researchers in serving over 12,000 patient visits from Oahu, Maui, Big island and Kauai in 2013. He is the Director of Neuroscience, Chair of the Dept. of Medicine at Castle Medical Center and Clinical Professor of Neurology at the University of Hawaii John Burns School of Medicine. In 2013, the neuroscience center served as an educational and teaching site for over 30 residents, medical students, and graduate and research students from institutions in Hawaii where he served as director of neurology teaching program for the residency programs. Born in Penang Island, Malaysia, Dr. Liow moved to US to complete his schooling, residency training at the University of Utah School Of Medicine and then awarded EEG, Epilepsy fellowship at US National Institute Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH (National Institutes of Health) outside of Washington DC. He rose through the academic rank to serve previously as Professor of Neurology and directed the neuroscience program at the University of Kansas Wichita Medical School where he served as investigator for over 40 neuroscience clinical trials sponsored by the NIH, CDC and the industries. He has published over 40 peer reviewed publications in the neuroscience field and served on advisory panel at CDC, American Academy of Neurology and other national organizations to draft national position statements. He served as editorial reviewer for Neurology, Epilepsy and Behavior and others as well as key note speaker at International neuroscience meetings. Dr. Liow has been listed in “Best Doctors in America”, “Best Doctors in Hawaii” and 2012 Physician of the Year in the state of Hawaii for the Adventist Health System.

• University of Utah (Grad. 1998)

• Epilepsy