Ratings for Dr. Bruce E. Ruben

nice surroundings, kind staff, good results , close to home, what more could we want!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

My husband came to him with a pretty serious wound needing wound care.Dr only wanted to give antibiotics Not Address Wound care.Do not feel his animals should be allowed at Wound Care Center.Husband finally ended inER close by to get the help he desperately needed.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I am very grateful to have been seen and cared for by Dr. Ruben. I got seen by Dr. Ruben more often than any other specialist would have done. Thank You Dr. Ruben for helping me get my infection resolved!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I could not have asked for kinder , more knowledgeable care than I received from Dr. Ruben. Let me add that his staff is also incredibly kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Ruben came to the hospital late in the evening to see me. I am sure he would rather have been home relaxing. He is the kindest and most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He really listened to my story and understood the problem. He answered all my questions fully. His strong faith in God as the ultimate Healer calmed my fears throughout my illness. What a wonderful doctor and a wonderful person!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr. Ruben was used to treat my wound and infection. He is extremely knowledgeable and provided the best of care in order to cure my situation. He is kind and caring and always puts the patient first. Would highly recommend him to anyone requiring an Infectious Disease Specialist in the area. Also other patients I spoke to during the 6 weeks of treatment had nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Ruben, his staff and facility.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I Nicknamed him Dr. Wizard. He was the only one that wanted to help me. After seeing 4 Doctors that did not know how to help me. I found Dr. Wizard on you tube and e-mailed him. Not only did he e-mail me back but he also tried to help. Not only did we find out some answer that I did have before but He was also able to send me to a bone Doctor. Dr. Wizard was very nice and kind as he helped me throught some anxiety I was having and helped us to understand what he thought was wrong.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

From the moment I walked in the door I was treated with respect and compassion by the whole Staff. I knew I was in the right place when I was greeted by the offices Mascots too! Very patient, thorough, and caring Staff really helped to put me ease. It was like going to a spa! I've never experienced any Doctors office like this, and I've seen a bunch lately… Anyway, when it came time to meet with Dr. Ruben I can see where the office got its positve environment from. He took a bunch of time communicating with me and helped to educate me on a diagnose and several differnet angles toward healing. I left that day feeling a whole lot better about my situation and looking forward to healing once and for all. The medical community on whole could learn some lessons from this Doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

They have been very personal with me, he even picked me up once himself when I was in treatment before, so naturally I would return to a wound specialist that cares about my well being to make all appointments and have a welcoming atmosphere. Pleasant and welcoming with caring staffers willing to listen to individual concerns towards their long term healing. Peaceful, friendly place to come for the healing needed to return to a balance productive life of living your best self after receiving care by the Staff that cares and engages with patients, I would recommend them to someone seeking treatment in the future, with best practices in place.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Ruben's medical expertise and true compassion for patients. The practice of medicine is often stated as being both a science and an art and Dr. Ruben skillfully practices both.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. Bruce E. Ruben's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bruce Ruben is a Wound Medicine specialist who has earned Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine. Dr. Ruben’s goal was to create a barrier-free outpatient wound healing center where patients could be treated with compassion and dignity but without the health risks and bureaucracies associated with hospital care. Encompass Healthcare was built to accommodate quadriplegic, paraplegic, and the wheelchair/disabled patients. It features automated door entries, 4 foot tall countertops and coat hooks, a roll-in shower, a lift system, off-loading exam tables and a gurney. Dr. Ruben’s dream of delivering outpatient wound medicine has been realized right behind his advent of being one of the first pioneers to deliver IV medicine in an outpatient setting. His compassion, bedside manner and level of expertise allow his patients to receive the finest wound care in the southeastern, Michigan region.

• English

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

• Infectious diseases

• Board Member on The Emily Stillman Foundation, raising awareness of meningococcal disease

Delta Dental