Ratings for Dr. Thomas G. Eyrich

Dr. Eyrich is a great doctor. Highly skilled and knowledgeable. A wide scope of practice and healing techniques.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

Let me preface this by saying Dr Eyrich was very good at what he did for me. I had sciatica pain that was starting to become chronic, and I had three really promising treatments with Dr Eyrich. I fully intended to keep going until we could get a handle on it. On the second visit, however, we were chatting and I made some innocuous comment about ignoring my pain and getting on with it in the past. He replied that I sounded very Trumpian. I was a little surprised that he would bring that up, but I just said, "please don't compare me to him", and left it at that. The appointment continued. During the third appointment, he made another political comment. We were taking about my job and how much I work and work out. Again, very innocuous conversation. He again said that I sounded very Trumpian. Out of nowhere. Almost like he was waiting to bring it up to me. Again, I was shocked and realized this was not a one off. This time, I was not going to let it pass. I said "please do not compare me to him, I think he is a horrible person. He's done nothing but divide us." He said, "Well the Clintons got what they deserved." I realize that I live in a red state. I have no illusions about how most people in this state feel about politics, but I never expected the pure unprofessionalism of this appointment. Why would a doctor even bring a topic like this up, and why, as an African American woman, would he think that I would agree with and be OK with this? He lost a client that day. A good Chiropractor but unprofessional. Don't bring politics into your office.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

What a gift to find an integrative health doctor in Indianapolis... generally we'd only find someone like Dr. Tom in New York or California, places where integrative health is more mainstream than in the midwest. Add to that, Dr. Tom combines Eastern and Western philosophies and methodologies, truly understanding that good health encompasses a mind, body, spirit approach. He is both doctor and teacher. A naturopath is not generally covered by health insurance but Dr. Tom is very affordable, about $60 per visit. Where I am from in NJ a naturopath is in the $250 per visit range! Be very careful to understand the difference between a naturopath and a naturopathic doctor. Knowing what these titles and their underlying credentials mean will help you make smart decisions about whether these providers can help you – or not. There are a handful of careers that are called “naturopathic” that are not physicians or doctors. Smart patients understand the differences between these naturopaths and real, medical, naturopathic doctors.These non-physician naturopathic careers have titles like Holistic Health Practitioner or Naturopathic Practitioner. They study in non-medical schools and universities that may have “nature” or “naturopathy” in their titles. While those schools may have excellent curricula (this is not a judgment on whether that’s true or not), their coursework does not lead to a medical degree that is accepted or licensed as a doctor. A Naturopathic Doctor or Physician has earned an ND or NMD degree from a naturopathic medical school. He or she studies all the basic medical coursework an MD would study, plus the more “natural” sciences including nutrition, botanical medicine (herbals), and mental health studies like psychology or counseling. ND = Naturopathic Doctor and NMD = Naturopathic Medical Doctor. Both these names and abbreviations mean the same thing. An individual who has earned this title usually chooses the one he or she prefers based on where they received their medical education.NDs may take regular MD board certification exams to become licensed as general practice (primary care) doctors. Their practices are usually integrative, meaning they offer mainstream Western medical advice as well as complementary and alternative medicine (acupuncture, herbal remedies and homeopathy, energy medicine, etc).

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. Tom Eyrich has extensive training,education, and experience to deal with many health-related issues in the human body. He is a master-acupuncturist, chiropractor, naturopath, has vast training & knowledge of suppliments, does cranial-sacral, and more modalities than I can remember. He does excellent work with the body's own energy systems and organ health. He can customize the treatment/visit to suit your own personal health issues. I highly reccommend this doctor to anyone who wants to truly see better health naturally.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012