Ratings for Dr. John S. Mcinturff

I agree with a the first posting - Dr Mcinturff removed and replaced all my fillings as well as my wife's. Each of us has had cracking of those teeth he worked on. In addition, I went to an oral surgeon for a tooth extraction and he wanted to pull all my wisdom teeth at that time. When I called Dr Mcinturff for advice, he was of no assistance at all. He also complained bitterly about university insurance - probably because they saw his little scam and refused to pay on it. He should have lost his license long ago.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I don’t usually write reviews like this, but I happened to see this review of our family dentist for over 20 years, and I just had to respond, since our experience has been so different than described. I have never had another dentist spend even a fraction of the time Dr. McInturff does explaining all the pros and cons of treatment options and alternatives, and I have never felt any pressure to have unnecessary treatment. I used to have Uniform dental insurance, and in my experience it was my insurance plan that was encouraging placement of large silver (mercury containing) fillings, when really what my teeth needed were crowns. I’m not a dentist, but even I could see that the gray decayed areas around my old fillings probably couldn’t be treated with bigger fillings, and yet sometimes my insurance would only pay for bigger fillings because my teeth “weren’t broken enough for crowns”. They would not even reimburse the full percentage for non-mercury containing fillings. Dr. McInturff always let me choose which treatment I preferred, but regardless of which treatment I chose, his predictions of the outcome has been spot on. For the few times there has been a discrepancy between what Dr. McInturff recommended and what my insurance said they would allow, I’ve always felt Dr. McInturff and his staff worked very well with my insurance plan, and they always helped me get my benefits paid. Over the years, I have recommended Dr. McInturff to numerous friends and acquaintances, and the feedback I have received has all been extremely positive.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

John McInturff routinely tells patients they need their "old" fillings removed/replaced. He did this to my wife and me and suggested it to many others we know in the area. Foolishly we allowed him to do this and the subsequent massive fillings have caused cracking and splitting of our teeth. On top of that, he complained about the insurance being carried by the university/state and quit accepting it (Uniform as I recall) at one point. Find another dentist.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014