Ratings for Dr. Harrold S. Leader

He diagnosed me with epilepsy that I did not have. I spent a year on medication , gained a ton of weight, hair was falling out, all I did was sleep. I was 18, I thought my life was ruined. I wasn’t allowed to drive. I kept passing out at work so he thought I had A Tonic seizures. He did a 15 minute in office non stress test to come to this conclusion . It’s like in a split decision without any hesitation he made the call to put me on all this medication. Turns out I was having panic attacks. I never had epilepsy. I had a full evaluation with a new neurologist , that did a 24 EEG and told me I was perfectly healthy . I’m 42 now and I’m still perfectly healthy. Beware of this Doctor

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

When I was 18 back in 1993, he diagnosed me as having Epilepsy that I did not have . I tried killing myself by taking 92 phenobarbital. When he was making his rounds at the psych unit , he came in inspected me, but did not speak a single word . Just walked out. If he didn't become a Doctor I suspect he would have made a fine serial killer.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He is Retired now but was very kind and helpful to me

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Leader for more than 25 years. Migraine-related issues. He has shown himself to be very knowledgeable and more than competent. He has always spent sufficient time with me during my office visits, has provided me with very effective medication advice, and has saved me from headaches. He has actually been at my bedside in hospital, and his manner has been good. He is low-key, rather taciturn. Could show more energy. Rating: absolutely satisfactory; definitely good; maybe a little less than excellent.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

dr leader has an extremely poor bedside manner. has a very flat effect almost robotic, i went in with my parent who are very elderly and he went into a very technical and long winded conversation with very technical terms. they were lost he needs to talk in layman terms they can understand when you talk to him he barely acknowledges you, i dont know why he is so arrogant he has nothing to show for it, didnt seem all that knowledgeable. very poor

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

Do NOT go to this "doctor" He is arrogant and will not help you. He stayed on the phone the entire 2 minutes I was in his office then told me to leave

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Leader was EXTREMELY RUDE! NO bedside manner what-so-ever! Arrogant & mean. Told me my diagnosis in the hallway in front of other people. After tests confirmed diagnosis, left a message on my voice mail at work! Told me I could "LOOK FORWARD" to being in a wheelchair! I would NEVER refer another human being to this man! Not even a roddent deserves his treatment!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Dr. Leader was very rude, and unhelpful. His bedside manner was non-existant. He presribed me a medication for seizures when I went in for headaches. He claimed it would help. Luckily, my mother is a nurse, and I asked her before taking the medicine. Due to other health issues I have, if I had taken the medicine he presrcibed, I could have had a fatal accident. I ended up never going back to Leader, but saw Dr. Gazzilo in the same office. I have been seeing him ever since. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

I would have liked him to attempt to help me determine the triggers of my migraines. He just gave me drugs to try and when they weren't great, wanted me to go to a daily drug.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. Harrold S. Leader's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1963)

UnitedHealthcare