Ratings for Dr. Scott W. BLOOM

I had intestinal surgery in 2014!!!! I had a good experience with him. I didn't get an infection. I would recommend him to family and friends

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr Bloom preformed a colon resection on my 77 year old father who has chronic heart disease. He has a very bad heart, 3 heart attacks, a bypass and a stroke. He also had colon cancer. We were introduced to Dr. Bloom by our primary care and he is such a doll. What a GREAT surgeon. Took the time to answer allllllll of our questions, to explain step by step the procedure. At first we did not want to tell my dad abou the cancer but he would not take him as a patient unless he knew the whole truth. He is a man of true character. He has a group of trained surgical techs named the BLOOM TEAM and when he is in surgery one or some of them came to see DAD but every day Dr. Bloom would show up himself to examine/speak to my dad. After discharge there was a problem with his med script ( on Christmas Eve) and Dr. Bloom called us back himself.He is a gifted surgeon and a very caring man and in my daughters own words " so cute too ". Dr. Bloom is a gem and we will recommend him to everyone !

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Dr Bloom was very informative and answered EVERY question I had pre-surgery, as well as calmed any fears I was experiencing. He FULLY EXPLAINED exactly what he was going to do, as well as what the possible outcomes may be of the lymph node dissection I was to undergo. He spoke to me before AND after the surgery, and I bleive he has WONDERFUL ingterpersonal skills/bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

He fixed my pain alright! The scar is decent. What this surgeon had a problem with was the long wait as my wife had to go to work later in the day. And his foul attitude.Very unprofessional. Before a fell asleep I overheard him saying that someone else was in nervous breakdown. Most men don't gossip. He was looking down on me, too. Came across as very cocky.i don't like how he made me feel and I don't want him near me or my family again.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012