You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John M. Dalena

Have been a patient for 6 years - not sure why I stayed so long. My concerns are never taken seriously or addressed with any detail. Doctor gives short phrased answers or none at all. Does not take much time with his patients and always has a "phone call" waiting to get him out of the exam room. Calls are rarely returned by the doctor. Office correspondence is poor. Dr. Dalena could not find a cause for my problem and was not interested in pursuing additional testing to look for a cause. He more than once has dismissed my problems with an "I don't know what to say" attitude. As a Top Doctor, I would think he would have more avenues to pursue and would want to sit down and talk face to face in order to help his patients. I have not found this to be the case. Again, no explanation for why I stayed with this group.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. John M. Dalena's response
Thank you for sharing your comments - we take patient concerns to heart. Please accept our apology if the care you were provided did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to deliver the best possible care and service to our patients. We are certainly disappointed whenever we fall short. Unfortunately, we are unable to identify you by the details of your review. As such, we are unable to reach out to you directly. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in further detail, and invite you to contact our office at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon. Whatever you decide, we wish you the best!

Submitted May 9, 2016

Was a very good experience. Great doc, great teamwork.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

My biggest complaint is that it's close to impossible to get an appt. Have called his office to set up appointment because I was having bad flare ups and his staff said they would call me back and I never heard anything from them. I called 6 months ago with similar issues and they never got back to me at that time either... Not very professional. Looking for a new gastro who makes time for his patients

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. John Dalena is an excellent doctor. He and his staff are excellent to deal with and made my procedure easy and comfortable. I highly recommend his service and expertise.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Recently I had the honor of being a patient of Dr. Delana. From the time he greated me I could sense he was genuine. His care was impecable. I strongly recommend him and will be returning when necessary.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Dalena is absolutely amazing, remarkably knowledgeable, tremendously efficient and a very genuine person. My husband and I both went to his office for the first time for a routine colonoscopy. Dr Dalena is very pleasant and gave us the time we deserved, without making us feel rushed. Right from the scheduling of the appointment, during the procedure, to the follow up phone calls after the procedure, the entire staff made us feel very comfortable. The people at the front desk, the nurses inside and the anesthesiologist were very helpful, and put us at ease right away. Sensing our nervousness, they were very gracious and answered all our questions very patiently that made us feel comfortable. From the bottom of our hearts, we wish each one of these wonderful people the very best in their professional as well as personal lives, because they just seem to be so unselfish and altruistic. Being very skeptical of doctors, I was immensely impressed by Dr. Dalena and his entire staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Dalena and his entire staff to all my close ones and everyone in the world.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I visited Dr Dalena last summer and he ran extensive tests for my chronic and severe diarrhea, including a colonoscopy, stool samples, blood work. His final report was that I am not properly digesting fats. I asked him what causes that. He replied "We don't know." He offered pills but without knowing the root cause, I was reluctant to take any more pills. I had already spent hundreds on Flagyl and Vancomycin. Symptoms continue, so I called to ask if Dr. Kelly Krueger, another doctor in Dalena's practice, could review all my test results and call me to talk about whether she has any ideas for what might be causing this. The office told me that she will not call me. I would have to come in for another office visit - of course further running up my bill. I can't see why she can't just call me to suggest other ideas for what might be causing my symptoms, when she has so many test results available in that office. No follow up call ever came from any doctor in the practice, and Dalena was perfectly satisfied to simply leave the final diagnosis as "we don't know".

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Thank you Dr Dalena for helping me with my Ulcerative Colitis for the last nine years! I routinely have yearly colonoscopy and check ups to remain in remission, he works with specialists at Mt. Siani and as a team, have given me great health back. It is a good feeling to have confidence living with UC and not worring about all the issues that I once had. Dr Dalena is the best, he makes me feel like someone who really cares!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Dalena and his staff run a very friendly, helpful and efficient facility at 65 Ridgedale Ave . Clearly Dr. Dalena sets a good "tone from the top". This was my second colonoscopy in the last year and my experience both times was the same.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. John M. Dalena's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Have been a patient for 6 years - not sure why I stayed so long. My concerns are never taken seriously or addressed with any detail. Doctor gives short phrase..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was a very good experience. Great doc, great teamwork. "

December 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My biggest complaint is that it's close to impossible to get an appt. Have called his office to set up appointment because I was having bad flare ups and his st..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. John Dalena is an excellent doctor. He and his staff are excellent to deal with and made my procedure easy and comfortable. I highly recommend his service..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently I had the honor of being a patient of Dr. Delana. From the time he greated me I could sense he was genuine. His care was impecable. I strongly recomme..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dalena is absolutely amazing, remarkably knowledgeable, tremendously efficient and a very genuine person. My husband and I both went to his office for the ..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr Dalena last summer and he ran extensive tests for my chronic and severe diarrhea, including a colonoscopy, stool samples, blood work. His final rep..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr Dalena for helping me with my Ulcerative Colitis for the last nine years! I routinely have yearly colonoscopy and check ups to remain in remission,..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Let me start out by saying that i do not write reviews normally but I felt compelled to save people from going to see this man. All these positive reviews are ..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dalena and his staff run a very friendly, helpful and efficient facility at 65 Ridgedale Ave . Clearly Dr. Dalena sets a good "tone from the top". This w..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. John Dalena is a great doctor: he knew what he was doing, and the colonoscopy procedure went extremely well this past March. His superior expertise aside, I..."

September 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=324437'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

February 5, 2014