Ratings for Dr. Gary S. Kasten

You wouldn’t know his knowledge because he doesn’t talk to you , he is a nasty old man and he should retire

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Please consider another doctor. The staff is great. I felt sometimes there were treated poorly. Dr. Gary Kasten never took the time to really go over my treatment plan. I had a very difficult delivery because of him. When I came in to see the sono tech, she advised me I would have a difficult delivery due to the shape of my daughters head. I bought this info to his covering doctor. She laughs and replies that "Oh she just has a big head". This was a serious matter, my daughter end up being in distress for two hours during delivery. Dr. Gary Kasten allow a new nurse (she was still on orientation) to deliver my daughter. She did not know when I was contracting. She was nervous and scared the entire time. Finally, after two hours of pushing, he comes in to tell me he will have to do an emergency C-Section. But, instead he used forceps to deliver my child. This was such a horrible experience (1st child). I can't believe doctors can be so careless at times. I notice he has good reviews for other patients. Please understand a doctor should always care for his patients, not at times. My daughter was born with a hematoma on the left side of her brain. She was in intensive care after her birth for six days. My daughter is now five and has a speech delay. This was both so traumatic for her and myself. I wouldn't wish this sought of treatment on my worst ememy. I've been holding back these feelings for a long time. I'm so glad I spoke on a little piece of my story. It’s so much more but, hopefully the truth will come out soon. I’ve worked in Healthcare for over ten years. I make sure I come to work each day and treat each patient with courtesy, compassionate and care. This makes me sick to my stomach talking about him. Please do not allow him or his practice to care for you or your unborn child.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr Tyson has given birth to both of my girls I started seeing you in 2013 and I refuse to see another doctor since he's very very efficient and takes time to explain everything to you needless to say his staff is amazing the girls that work for him love their job and love the patience that being said I will never see another gynecologist until I actually have to

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Kasten is a great and caring doctor. He seems very knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable at my first visit. Definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Best OB/GYN in NY!! Delivered my son 12 years ago. Really cares and takes the time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

He fixed my issue. He listens and treats you as you are important and know what is going on with your body.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Kasten's office has wonderful staff who are very helpful, friendly, and comforting whereas Dr. Kasten is the complete opposite. I experienced many complications after having my c-section and he did not know how to handle them. Neither did Dr. Egner. They made me feel like I wasn't normal. They were puzzled as to how to treat me. Dr. Kasten has poor bedside manner, no personality, and is cold. I felt rushed and dismissed with almost all of my complaints. He is unapproachable and made me feel stupid. His "care" forced me to end up going to the ER several times after my c-section. For many years I had the upmost respect for Dr. Kasten until I was the patient. I would never recommend him again. I still can't believe he treated me the way he did. He should learn that not all patients are the same. Not every delivery is cut and dry. My husband and I are so disappointed in his care, but grateful our baby was delivered safely.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

best dr, for older person, he take as much time as you need and will answer all questions. very conforting man

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. Kasten managed my medical issue with 5 stars and an A plus.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

EXCELLENT doctor. I travel all the way from Merrick just to see him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Dr. Gary S. Kasten's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1991)

Assurant