Ratings for Dr. Kenneth K. Tieu

I came in on a referra l from Dr. Malis. I didn't know that in wasn't in Network. The lady at the desk took my card and co-pay. They scheduled me for the gerds operation, then told me, they couldn't do it I wasn't in network. I spoke to the girls about the fee $400 for less than 5 minutes of talk with the Dr. They said they couldn't do anything, it is already in the system. I wasn't working and that was a lot for me. If the lady at the desk, could have just told me, this won't have happened. Dr. Tieu is a wonderful doctor, I just wish he could have stepped in and helped me with this.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I Want to thank Dr. Tieu for saving my life during an emergency perforated colon., and it wasn't easy as I had already gone into septic shock. I had a colostomy that was reversible and I wanted Dr. Tieu to do this as my original surgeon. I had concerns about hernias after the reversal and inquired about using mesh. Dr. Tieu said "No way, too great a possibility of infection". I then suggested that he could possibly suture me in a closer spacing when closing up, because I am very rough on my body. He laughed at me and said "What makes you think I want to go back into your body again!" Four weeks after my repair, I sneezed and blew a 1" hernia in the top of my 10" healing incision. I've been living with taping this up for over 10 months now using tape every day. I definitely don't want his condescending personality in me again. Tom Hayden.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Excellent Doctor - I highly recommend him - excellent bed side manners and staff

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr Tieu took care of my husband 2 years ago. Had severe blocked intestines . Had to do surgery on him twice. Saved his life. In hospital 19 days. And recovered at home. Dr Tieu has awesome bedside manner. Called to check on him. Also avail for ?'s. Great nurse staff!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

It saddens me that this post comes up when you search for Dr. Tieu. I was looking for directions to my first appointment and, let me tell you, reading this made me even more nervous than I already was. But, Dr. Tieu was one of THE nicest doctors I have ever met. I brought my mom, dad and husband and he never even flinched when we piled into the room. He answered all of our questions and would not let us leave until we had remembered every question we had prior to the visit. He was all smiles and was so, so encouraging and just a downright nice guy. I cannot believe anyone had a bad experience with him!! I'm sorry that you did but, I completely loved him. :-)

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I met with Dr. Tieu to discuss possible gall bladder surgery. He was 90 minutes late and then acted like I was taking to much time. I was in his presence fewer than 10 minutes. Even worse, he dismissed all of my concerns about this surgery, though I have had previous surgeries that encountered serious complications because of my weight and other medical conditions. I felt rushed. It was as if he was so sure he knew everything he needed to know that he was not interested in real discussion. He also brought a resident into the room with him without asking first. I would have said yes, but should have been asked,

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr. Tieu saved my life. I was admitted to the emergency room with a ruptured colon. I went into septic shock and had multiple organ failures. He operated on me five times over the next 41 days, and I left with an ileostomy. Over the next 18 months I recovered my basic health. When I returned to have the ileostomy reversed, he was able to do that even though I only had two feet of my large colon left. Dr. Tieu is a highly skilled surgeon who always took the time to explain what was happening and what my options were. I would recommend him to anyone needing the kind of surgery I required.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Tieu. He did a major hernia operation for me and I couldn't have felt safer. He is a great Doctor with wonderful bedside manner. I have never had a Dr. that I trusted more.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I have been treated by Dr. Kenneth Tieu for hemorrhoids and ultimately needed a hemorrhoidectomy. Dr. Tieu has a wonderful 'bedside manner' and answers all questions. He did a great job on my surgery and I have recovered quickly. I am very grateful for the excellent care I received from Dr. Tieu and the staff at Viera Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. Tieu performed my surgery and I have lost the weight and gained my life back again. His care and follow up was professional and Iam extremly happy with my results. No complications just a new lease on my new life. Thank you Dr. Tieu.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Kenneth K. Tieu's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)