Ratings for Dr. H. PRESTON Matthews

Dr. Matthews has been my, and my son's, provider for over 15 years, and I trust him implicitly with our lives! He does have a busy schedule, exacerbated by the return of hundreds of Lovelace patients, but he still manages to get people in and taken care of. He has a great heart, and genuinely cares about the well-being (emotional as well as physical) of his patients and staff. I have never had him treat me (or his staff or other patients) without anything but respect. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I've never met a more caring doctor in my life. Dr. Matthews actually listens and takes his time with his patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

It was my good fortune to have Dr. Matthews as my primary care physician for almost 20 years. In that time he successfully treated me for a variety of ailments. Dr. Matthews has a vast store of knowledge and stays informed regarding the newest medical technology. Dr. Matthews always made time for me and would willingly address not just the problem at hand, but other of my concerns as well.I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Matthews to my friends and acquaintences.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I have been a self pay patient of Dr Matthews for over 3 years now and have always been satisified with his care and knowledgement of medicine.In looking at the other comments I can only say...what was it that you presented the Dr with? These Drs see dozens of people a day some with small issues ie. colds,sinus etc. and others with larger issues, but do we really expect major issues to be cured in one visit of 15 minuets? I cant always walk into a fast food establishment and get my food and leave can ? What makes a Drs office any different? I think your missing the big picture, just because they have a title of Dr they are still human beings. So a 15 min visit was not enough time for the type of care you needed but I am sure this is why a follow up appointment is offered. We are totally overlooking the point of continued care and just always wanting a quick easy fix.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Wish I would have read reviews earlier! Not a doctor to go to if you need to identify youer ailment. He cut me off when trying to list my ailments. Diagnosis: sleep disorder. Reality: MS.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

My whole family has gone to Dr. Matthews for 15+ years. He's the best. We trust him implicitly and have found him to be compassionate, knowlegeable, and accommodating at every turn. I highly recommend him as the best of the best! I have know a lot of docs in my 50+ years - none like him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Matthews. Not only do I see him, but I take my children to him as well. Yes, he can be quick but if I need more time for questions or concerns, he is always willing to sit and talk to me. He is also very supportive when it comes to my parenting style which is something I have found a lot of docs to be lacking. I adore this man and will continue to see him as long as he is practicing, despite the wait. Maybe there is a reason that he is always so busy, people must like him. Not to mention he is dang sexy!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

You sit in a waiting room for an hour, a smaller room for another hour and then he writes you a script and leaves, answers no questions, fixes no ailments. Missed a serious brain malformation on me.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Matthews spends as little time as possible with me. Not only does he give me under 5 minutes of his time (after over 45 minutes of waiting in the room), during my last visit, he left the room twice to conduct other business. I went in with the complaint of strep, but he ignored other health issues mentioned, such as insomnia. If you want to go in and get a prescription for one ailment without spending much one on one time with the doctor, Matthews would be great for you. However, if you have more than a single concern about your health and you need a doctor to hear you out, you won't have much luck here--unless, maybe, you're *extremely* vocal about your needs. He makes no bones about being an in and out doctor, and not a doctor that genuinely cares. This may work for some, but I'm looking for a GP that's in it to really *treat* people, and not pop in, ask what's wrong, throw a prescription at you, and walk out. That's Matthews in a nutshell.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Matthews always manages to get me a timely appointment when I am ill. Even though it is a very busy practice and he doesn't always spend a lot of time with each patient, he will not short you if you need more time for a more complex problem. Otherwise, it is in and out and that is fine by me!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2006

Dr. H. PRESTON Matthews's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1985)