Ratings for Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti

My children have been seeing Dr Trifiletti for years and can not believe what was written. His staff changed 3 years ago both Paul and Mary have gone above and beyond to help my family. Every phone call and email answered they have stayed late to get me help. Dr Trifiletti is single practioner and very dedicated to the children he lives and breathes for these kids not to mention how brilliant he is. The things you are describing are not true perhaps the fault is in the parents. PANDAS children take a long time to recover maybe they were looking for the magic pill and I am sorry it does not exist. Dr T as we call him is a brilliant man and his staff is amazing always providing service with a smile. He may run late but what specialist doesn't ? Paul always calls me when Dr T is running late so I can plan accordingly.

Submitted November 1, 2016

I would like to caution any one that is thinking about taking their child to Dr. Trifiletti to try and find somewhere else to go. We just had a very similar experience to the very detailed one below. I assumed since my son wasn't that sick - he had tics after a bout with strep - that I was getting pushed aside for children that were more seriously ill. From the experience described below, it sounds like I was not an isolated case, and the indifference I felt we were given, didn't have anything to do with how sick or not sick my son was. Be prepared to wait, they don't take insurance, he will not respond to any emails with inquiries, and when you do finally get your follow-up appointment, in my case, they kept me waiting for 1.5 hours and seemed surprised when I had to re-schedule. They were sure to charge my credit card for $450 though, even though the appointment didn't happen. When I finally lost my temper, they got very defensive and seemed indignant that I would be dissatisfied with the treatment I was receiving. The front desk person did admit that the Dr. was over-whelmed and assured me that he gives each an every patient special attention. "There's only ONE Dr. Trifiletti" - exact quote from him and made some excuses about the doctor having the flu but pushing through. I thought, oh great, a sick doctor meeting with kids that have a compromised immune system! The next day the Dr. did talk with my husband over the phone (for 30 minutes for the already charged $450) and we finally found out what was wrong with him. He still had Strep. This was a six week process which we spent about $1200 to find out. He had the lab tests for over 2 weeks (I had to call and make sure they had received them) Why wouldn't he just pick up the phone and order some antibiotics and be done with us. The real cherry on top was that the "office manager" Mary send us an email saying they were discharged from the practice due to the abusive emails. He said the doctor doesn't tolerate "abuse" of his staff. I thought, does this happen often and decided to look in to it. It sounds like it does. I swear we are reasonable people and I've never written an online critique of a doctor before, but I really don't want any one to have to go through what we did. Like I said, my son "just" had tics and I was on pins and needles waiting to get the blood test results - I can't imagine if he was any worse waiting for all that time. PLEASE PLEASE find someone else to take your children to!

Submitted November 1, 2016

I brought my college age daughter to see him for diagnosed PANDAS. The first visit was $750! It took 6 weeks to get the appointment. He comes out and apologized for being late, and has not even reviewed the extensive records which I had sent him weeks earlier. Our appointment was at 4:30, he did not see us until 5:45, during which time my daughters OCD was totally out of control. He reviewed her large file in front of us, while we waited some more. He ordered extensive blood work which he did not review until I could get a phone call scheduled with him weeks later. We came back for another office visit and more blood work several weeks later. During this same time period he put my daughter on several different antibiotics. She had severe reactions to every one. She was experiencing horrific OCD and anxiety, and I could not even email him directly or talk to him on the phone when my child was in crisis. Every time I needed to speak to him I had to make an appointment for 3 or more weeks later. He was completely unresponsive and his office staff was curt and defensive and at times downright rude. Finally, when I was able to speak with him at the end of the summer he decided that my child should have IVIG treatment. Which was desperately needed because the numerous rounds of antibiotics did nothing to lower her infection levels. Despite prescribing the treatment, he did not do the paperwork for my insurance company for over a month. During that month my daughter was getting sicker and sicker. I repeatedly contacted his office staff, who protect him from all contact with patients and their parents. I repeatedly requested updates on the status of her impending treatment. I wrote detailed emails about the severity of her circumstances, including the concern I had that she was severely depressed by her situation and would probably have to drop out of college. The only response I received was that there were people ahead of her. Finally, after a month of being stonewalled, I told the office staff not to bother with the insurance, that I would pay for the treatment myself as I was desperate to help my child feel better. The office manager then informed me that they could not even do the treatment because their infusion room was under construction! And told me we should go elsewhere. Dr. Trifiletti ABANDONED my sick child! We then had to start over with a new doctor after wasting 4 months and several thousand dollars on Dr Trifilleti. He does not take insurance and he routinely charged me $450 per phone call, even if the call lasted 10 minutes! His failure to treat and subsequent abandonment of my daughter was inhumane and unconscionable! Go to ANYONE else. This man is a train wreck. He will drag out your child's treatment indefinitely and then abandon your child like he did mine. Of course this will happen after you have paid thousands of dollars. Several weeks after we left his office I realized that he had not given our new doctor all of the blood test results, and the ones he held back showed considerable immune deficiency, which required immediate treatment. He is a menace. His office is a disaster of disorganization and incompetence. This man is taking horrific advantage of critically sick children and the desperation of their parents. I have never written an on line review about anything before this. But I could not in good conscience allow other children to have the same experience.

Submitted October 28, 2016

My child is a patient of this doctor. I cannot say enough good things. We were at another specialist and had to pay out of pocket for IVIG and other suppressive. Dr. T's staff worked tirelessly to help get our treatments approved through insurance.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I find the negative comments about the doctor and staff to be completely unwarranted and false. They are all true professionals who care about each and every patient. Definitely recommend, see for yourself.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

My son has been suffering from AE for close to 16 years. We had gone to see specialists all over NYC, at Columbia and NYU. We finally received the correct diagnosis in November 2012 from Dr. Trifiletti. Dr.T is always learning and always ready to listen to his patients and their caregivers. Thanks to Dr.T we have our son back and hope for the future.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Trifiletti literally saved my son. He had seen many doctors for years none of whom bothered to look into the possible medical causes of his illness. He was homebound and barely able to function. He is now in school and even can have playdates and go out to do regular kid activities. I am shocked that there would be any comments about the staff who go out of their way to help any child/parent. My son feels Mary is like another mother to him and loves Paul just as much. Any issues with them are most likely parents who do not want to pay for their appointment and just get free care over the phone or who are rude and disrespectful. As for the money, anyone with a bit of math knowledge could figure out why Dr Trifiletti has to charge the prices he does. He spends between 1-2 hours with each patient not including the time he spends beforehand going over the labs and other data. Most pediatricians only have 8 minutes to spend with a kid. If an 8 minute visit is enough for your kids that is wonderful but for complex cases that really need help there is no better doctor or staff out there.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

My child has been a patient of Dr Trifiletti for years. I will admit in the past we had some issues with the staff however they old staff is gone and a new team came in some time around the Fall of 2014. Dr T as we affectionately call him is amazing he is brilliant kind and goes above and beyond for all the kids. Anyone questioning his fees needs to do some research the other PANDAS Physicians are much more and must treat all the children in a family not to mention they do not have the knowledge that he has. As far as the staff well they are amazing if you don't get them on the phone they always call back or email you stating they received your message and will call you shortly. I find both Mary and Paul to be caring always seeing to our needs they are a god send.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. T is a Godsend! He is very knowledgeable an PANS and PANDAS!!! He will help your child. Yes, it's very pricey , but if you are willing to do whatever it takes, then you'll have to ever look this. His office staff in the past was less than mediocre. However, he has hired new staff and they are great!!!! Whenever I email them, I get a response within the hour! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. T. You will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Disappointed. Very long wait. Super expensive with no insurance accepted. Cannot contact on phone which is awful if you get a med. After any lab need another appointment. Rapidly becomes unaffordable. Not sure if this is right avenue in terms of drug experimentation for illnesses because kids constantly get sick. The doctor is nice but seems distracted and overwhelmed.

Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's response
We have completely revamped our office staff. We base all of our treatments on data and experience of treating over 3000 patients with PANS. Drugs given to any child are carefully considered, and always given for a reason that I carefully explain to parents. My fees are comparable to those of local neurologists that treat simple headaches or ADD; what I deal with is far more complex, and are often patients that have seen many other doctors, and have extensive records (which I always review with parents present). It is a bit expensive to do the job right, but much more expensive to linger on with the labs.

Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr. Rosario R. Trifiletti's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ramsey, NJ